tides and G-land

This forum is designed for you to post your travels, inquire about destinations or plan a trip.

Moderator: Moderator

Tom Linn
Legend (Contribution King!)

tides and G-land

Post by Tom Linn »

Can anyone tell what tides are best for G-land?? Is it better to go there when the moon is full and the tides are most extreme, or is it better at the half moon when tides have the least change??

We are thinking about a trip next September and wondered if we should schedule the trip to coincide with any particular tide sequence.

Thanks for any help or advice. Also, any other advise on G-Land would be greatly appreciated. Which camp, etc, etc.
albert

Post by albert »

Tom,

I would worry more about crowds than tides these days in G-land, however having been there twice I can say a few things about it.

You want high tides, full moon high tides peaking around midday are ideal, especially if you want to catch the illusive Speedies (swell angle and size permitting).

Although you can surf at low tide pretty much everywhere in G-land, its easier to recommend to just go during high tides and give you a better chance of scoring. If you go to Bali with not much of a plan and the surf goes flat, there will still be waves in G-land.

other advice,
-stay at bobbys camp,
-take the speedboat over and back,
-bring booties
-expect crowds.

Thats about it, I am sure plenty of more people are itching to post on this thread so I will let them fill in the rest of the gaps