Air Travel to New Zealand

This forum is designed for you to post your travels, inquire about destinations or plan a trip.

Moderator: Moderator

Bob Gove
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

Air Travel to New Zealand

Post by Bob Gove »

For those of you who booked early and paid premium rates for air travel when fuel prices were high, ticket prices have fallen through the floor. Air New Zealand is offering round trip fares at $714 (plus tax and fees it came out under $900) as of tonight. It might pay to cancel your reservations, pay the cancellation fee, and rebook at the lower rate.
Last edited by Bob Gove on Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
albert
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by albert »

holy crap!

thats super cheap, most of us here are paying around 500 AU, which is close to 400 US and we are only on the plane for three hours!

get onto it people!!!
hart

Post by hart »

I read Syd-Auckland $149AUD this arvo JETSTAR

:idea:

hart
"Mary Mary, Mother Mother,

You and me and..

God the Father.."

Richard Butler

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7a7TPaQV4zo
Doc Turbo
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Jakarta -Auckland

Post by Doc Turbo »

Was just at the travel agent today, with a friend who is sending her kids to Uni in Auckland, Round Trip USD 1,150 on Quantas. Garuda was more, Malaysian was USD 1,450

I am going to get them towards some better fare.
albert

Post by albert »

hart wrote:I read Syd-Auckland $149AUD this arvo JETSTAR

:idea:

hart
well then I just got royally ripped off then... so did everyone else I am travelling with... unless its 149 each way plus taxes, then I dont feel so bad.
jamie

Post by jamie »

hey Albert
i have been checking sydney to auckland pretty much every other day, latest best price was about $350 Aus dollars.
This is taking the last flight in the afternoon arriving at 11.50 pm and flying home at 6.00 am or thereabouts.
You also need to fly out on the wednesday before easter or easter Saturday on the way over and fly home the tuesday after the comp.

The Australia to US route is tipped to have some great deals coming up in the next few weeks as two extra carrier come on line, one is V Australia a virgin off shoot and the other is an older US carrier.
this story is in the SMH today

Americans get Sydney holidays for under $1000January 30, 2009
Tourism NSW and Qantas are attempting to lure travellers from the United States to Sydney with cheap four-day holiday packages.

A report by the Tourism Forecasting Committee released in December predicted the value of Australia's inbound tourism for 2009 would drop by four per cent, or $500 million, to $24 billion.

Thousands of jobs are likely to be shed along the way as the industry struggles through the global financial crisis.

Minister for Tourism Jodi McKay said she hoped a $US999 package, which is being offered through a partnership between Tourism NSW and Qantas, would lure American tourists to Sydney rather than traditional vacation spots such as London, Paris and Hong Kong.

The deal, to be offered from the end of January to the end of March, includes a return flight from Los Angeles to Sydney, and four nights in a Sydney hotel.

"The package includes accommodation options in a number of top quality hotels, helping to foster longer visits," Ms McKay said in a statement on Friday.

"We now have three return services a week between Sydney and Los Angeles operated by our new A380 aircraft, which each have a capacity of 450 passengers," he said.
Jamie
albert

Post by albert »

jamie wrote:hey Albert
i have been checking sydney to auckland pretty much every other day, latest best price was about $350 Aus dollars.
This is taking the last flight in the afternoon arriving at 11.50 pm and flying home at 6.00 am or thereabouts.
You also need to fly out on the wednesday before easter or easter Saturday on the way over and fly home the tuesday after the comp.
Yeah, I suppose I shouldnt feel so bad about it now. I got early morning flights at very comfortable times on weekend days so thats probably the reason why I paid a bit more.

Talk soon.