1 Kneelo Wanted

This forum is designed for you to post your travels, inquire about destinations or plan a trip.

Moderator: Moderator

Willy Kelly
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

1 Kneelo Wanted

Post by Willy Kelly »

Wanted: One Kneelo for drive thru tour of Peru. Two weeks
starting in Punta Hermosa and heading north to Mancora. surfing endless left hand point breaks along the way including Chicama and other long point breaks.
I have been on this tour before and scored some of the best waves of my life. For $1,200. US includes guide, transportation, lodging and food. Accomodations are a bit rustic. Flight to Lima is extra, right now around $625. from LAX.

For more info please PM me with any questions.

Peace and good waves
METALCOASTIE
Local (More than 25 post)

peru

Post by METALCOASTIE »

what dates?
DEZDIG

Post by DEZDIG »

May 17th through May 31
Willy Kelly

Post by Willy Kelly »

Athony thanks for helping with that Info (dates might help :oops: )

hope that collar bone is getting better so you will be ready for Peru :wink:

peace and good waves
DEZDIG

Post by DEZDIG »

Just a little summary of our trip to Peru. After missing out on New Zealand due to breaking my collar bone at Salt Creek, I was really looking forward to this trip. We arrived in Lima Sunday night (Will Kelly, A friend of his Paul H. can’t remember his last name, and myself) with good news a swell was on the way. It had been kind of slow there for a while, so this got our guide Jamie pumped up also. Midday Monday we started heading north to follow the swell up the coast. First session was a place a few hours north of Lima. This is the first time I surfed or just did anything besides sit on the couch for 6 weeks, and the shoulder was still pretty stiff and sore. Enough whining though time to surf, hit a beach break off of a point. Waves were about 2 to 3 (backside sorry, old school) and peeling lefts, water temp about 64f. 1st wave about 100 yards and fun as hell, only surfed for about an hour gets dark there fast, couldn’t go much more arm got sore fast, but a great first session.

Next day we were at Chicama, swell hadn’t hit just yet, but at the top point “Cape” was giving us some 2 to 3 foot waves, and go for about 200 yards. Next day swell started filling in 3 to 4+, the only problem with a wave that breaks over a mile is you have to walk a mile to get to the point, but well worth it. Spend a couple days there getting the most out of the swell we could, longest and some of the funniest waves of my life and always off shore. Definitely a place everyone should go.

Heading north again we hit Lobito’s, perfect spot for kneelos. Point break, fast, long, hollow and warm water (board shorts or 2/2 short sleeve wetsuits) surfed this place for a couple days. We got the most out of the swell a full week of great surf, with another swell on the way, so we started heading back south.

Only had one day of no surf, so we used it as a travel day. After that day we hit several spots on the way back to Lima, with just the 4 of us in the water surfing 4 to 5 foot waves with nobody around and perfect peeling lefts. We had probably 6 to 7 sessions with just us 4, and perfect waves. The arm started feeling better the second week, but still a handicap, only 7 weeks into recovery.

Once we got back to Lima we headed south and surfed all the points around Punta Hermosa. Hit one spot Punta Roca, breaking a solid 4 to 6 and peeling off rights with a nasty shore pound, and Willy found that out the hard way. Yes, Peru does have some right breaks not many but they are there.

All in all Peru is a great place for kneelo’s and stand ups, the food, people, landscape, and the waves were always outstanding had 14 session in twelve days, never did I feel unsecure. If you like lefts this is the place to go, and not a big dent on the wallet either. When the trip was coming to an end, and we were talking on where to go for our next trip, all conversation lead us back to Peru, 2011 we will be there.

Collar bone held up, does sound like popcorn popping when I paddle, but at least I can paddle and GETWET again.

Anthony A.
ScottMac
Legend (Contribution King!)
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by ScottMac »

I talked to Willy on the phone last week and he said you guys
scored some great waves down there on your trip.

Suunds like fun! 8)
frog

Post by frog »

Anthony,

Stretch and I was talking about you the other day. Good to hear your better. I've havn't seen you at county line lately. Been missing out on a few good swell. And the other day I surf with bunch of the old kneelo boys. The only one missing was you. Am going there tomorrow morning. Stretch is in Mexico Main Land for next few weeks.

Give me a call Ralph "Frog"