World wide kneeboard bank

This forum is designed for you to post your travels, inquire about destinations or plan a trip.

Moderator: Moderator

analbirth
Legend (Contribution King!)

World wide kneeboard bank

Post by analbirth »

I think this needs it's own thread, access to boards around the world to save hauling boards if you not going exclusively for a surf trip. log onto this site wherever you are to borrow a board if the surf's on. No hassles no feelings of guilt about someone's board you might ding [ small dep. to cover damage] although i think most guys would gladly pay for repairs anyway if it meant the option of traveling light. I posted this on kosmicdreamer's thread i'll get it started with a 5'9 & a 6'1 both fish's Nth NSW /Gold Coast OZ.
Added bonus it give you access to local knowledge and most likely a surf buddy. Win win
once you've had black you'll never go back!!!
wolruss

Post by wolruss »

I like it AB, put me down for a 6'2" Flashpoint that is one of my favourites but I am prepared to let a visitor use it if they come to South Wollongong/ Shellharbour, on the proviso any damage to be repaired or paid for.

Cheers Wolruss
analbirth

Post by analbirth »

wol, see how we go if there is enough interest, have to set up a register on this site if thats possible i'm sure it is. Also if someone did the wrong thing they would go on the bogan list. Sound fair?
surfhorn

Post by surfhorn »

Count me in. I have my 6'0" 5 fin that rocks in everything from 15 inches to 15 feet here in Santa Cruz County.
kbing since plywood days
RMcKnee

ilf

Post by RMcKnee »

FT 6' quad fish (panel vee) north end Gold Coast.

How's this register gonna work?

And hey, AB, I'll be able to save money by riding the bus to your place and you'll have a board ready waxed for me? I suppose I'll need to bring my own boardies. :roll:
kosmicdreamer
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by kosmicdreamer »

glad my begging inspired a new friendly concept for traveling kneelos..... :D 8)
still ridin with all these broken parts....
Bintang Bob
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by Bintang Bob »

sounds like a really good idea.... :idea: I'm in with various quad fishes, newer Flashies & older Blasts.... :lol: also seriously older boards, twin fins & singles..... 8)
Kneel before the majesty of our mother ocean
feralmick

Post by feralmick »

:D Great idea, i`ve got a 6` Neil Luke ~freak~, and a 6`2 Parkes which i rarely use. Both thrusters.
Noosa, Sunshine Coast area.
analbirth

Post by analbirth »

Support for this is looking good, about how it's going to work, i'm thinking this is going to need it's own forum or link on this site, usernames only, registered users only, and it may need to be a reciprical thing, if you want to use someone else's board you have to make your own available. Contact to be made by pm and details for pick up to be by email or pm. I think a deposit is needed for damage with a receipt issued, also the borrower should have to have travel insurance to cover against loss or theft, [ receipt ] This might seem a bit complicated but most people get insurance. Feel free to contribute your 2 cents worth.
McKnee you can get the bus although you'll have to leave early or by the time you get here it'll be time to head home [surfside ] and i spose you've gotta start surfing again first, and my wife said you could borrow her old one piece it's a bit thin but i'm sure you'ld do it justice.
Well as Aussie Bob used to say, I'm excited.
wolruss

Post by wolruss »

Only just logged back on, this is a great response....just another thing this site and participants can be proud of if, it all comes together... Onya AB...watching with interest...

Cheers Wolruss
gumby

Post by gumby »

Nail with threads the air lines. this is a great idea. Meet a felow KB'r ride some thing differnt. If some ome out of town shows up and if there is an excuse for a mini gathering. :D Win win win........ :D
To do what I want to do
I have to do what have to do

Craig
dua anjing

Count Me In

Post by dua anjing »

Work near Surf Coast, Live about 1 hr from PI.
5'11'' (maybe 6') rounded Pin (one of Red's old boards).
I live in my own little world, But it's OK they know me there.
MALLEE BULL

Post by MALLEE BULL »

NO SURF WHERE I LIVE BUT HAPPY TO LEND A BOARD TO ANY ONE WHO WANTS A PADDLE ON THE DAM.
PS:AB GREAT IDEA 8)
LOVE FIXING UP OLD BOARDS
AND STAINED GLASS WINDOWS
halbs

Post by halbs »

Anyone on the West Coast of SA I have a 6'2" and a 6' Flashie I am willing to add to the bank. May only be here for another 3-4 months though...then they will be available wherever we end up!
getting there is often as good as getting there
scoop

Post by scoop »

yeah what a great idea ... put me down for a 6ft parkes quad and a 5ft 10 flashy thruster with 2 outer mini fins (leave them in or take them out)...I am on the Northern Beaches of Sydney
cheers
Tony
Love that "greenroom" feeling...(don't panic I finally found it)..... good ole' winki on a good day