World wide kneeboard bank

This forum is designed for you to post your travels, inquire about destinations or plan a trip.

Moderator: Moderator

thomo
Grom (25 or less posts to site)

Post by thomo »

Coming to Oahu mon 14/11, anyone help out with a board, 6.0 or there abouts, staying at waikiki and turtle bay
Thomo
Living the dream
Bud
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by Bud »

Got a bunch.
Check your PM.
You are in luck.
Also been dream type surf for nearly everyday for 2 months straight.
Crowd not a problem, most everyone is surfed out.

WHEW !
Gazza

Post by Gazza »

thomo wrote:Coming to Oahu mon 14/11, anyone help out with a board, 6.0 or there abouts, staying at waikiki and turtle bay
Thomo
Living the dream
Let me know how you go, finding a board in wiikiki as against going over to the north shore these days I am happy to cruise waikiki reefs but I always taken my own board which is a hassle when you get off the plane.
thomo

Post by thomo »

Thanks Bud,
silly me left his run too late an did not see your reply till too late, Ended up taking the soft option and took a "sponge " instead. Awsome surf!!! Had a ball. Now that we have sussed the place out, we are going to come back maybe next year. So I will stay in touch.
oscalivada

Board Bank Santa Cruz North

Post by oscalivada »

I have a Blast 5'10 Swallow, Coffey 5'9 Thumbtail, and 3 self shaped 5'8 Rounded Pins.

All are FCS Quads between 2 1/4 and 2 3/4 Thick. Also have a 5'8 Rounded Pin with Future Quad set up.

Drop me a line if you are in need.

O
SFKneelo

Hamptons in July...

Post by SFKneelo »

Hello,

We have a family gathering in NY South Hampton July 18 - 22/23.

Anyone out that way have a loaner and want to surf?

Cheers,
Bob
Joel5150Photo
Local (More than 25 post)

kneeboard bank...

Post by Joel5150Photo »

javascript:emoticon(':D') greetings to all!!!joel5150photo here;i do not have any boards to "lend" however... i have plenty of space and can take boards "in" for storage,or if anyone has a extra board thats cool too !! i can keep it here in Oceanside Ca, im 1.5 miles from the 5 freeway,easy acess to pier, jetty,,etc...1.0 miles on freeway 5 south from camp pendelton15 min. from Trestles, 25 min from Blacks. im cool 24/7.i check ksusa web site 2x a day so send me a e-mail on ksusa site with your aprox, times and requirements ( IE: Fish, round pin, 5-0- 6-4 quad, etc and if i have a knee-board here its yours you break it you must buy it, you ding it....yadayada...) the owner sets the price .. its on "The honor system" or if the "Owner" insists you leave a deposit and sign a "Hold Harmless " form( legalitys are such B.S.!!!! )than i will follow there instructions... if you ding itetc.. etc.. i have a verry good repair guy, over night lodging is avaiable.. after i meet you and feel i can trust ya' army cot(s verry comfortable !!!!) laundry facalites on premisis, off street parking,gated community, i face east for early am get up and surf,$ 20.00 per night .. per person, you must be cool (neighbors are up tite!! )pool, jacuzzi, quiet..!! FYI: ive been kneeboarding sinse 1967, i beleave were a better calibar than all the rest,so i can offer my services and home up to you, 2 night max. please send me a e mail via ksusa and we go from there..every one is welcome.if your comming from mex.. bring some tequila NO of any sort are allowed!!!!!! were here to surf!! javascript:emoticon(':D') KNEE-BOARDS RULE !!! dole5150photo
Scott

Post by Scott »

Nice offer, Joel!
Kauaikneelo

Post by Kauaikneelo »

Small set back for the WBB here on Kauai, someone nicked two of my boards from my farm yesterday. The biggest bummer for me was one of the boards was Red's, he left here for all to use. I will try to build up my quiver for you guys comming this way, but its all about $$ right now. I'll do what eva it takes to see that you guys are coverd if you come here. aloha -scott
Aloha from the Kingdom of Atooi
oscalivada

Kauai April 25-30

Post by oscalivada »

I will be in Kauai late April. Anyone have a quad in the 5'8-6'0 range I could use for a few days? Any help or thought would be greatly appreciated. We will be staying on the East-side.
southpeakbrad

Post by southpeakbrad »

A trip to South Africa has come up (for a conference) and I've managed to force my colleague to stay a night at J-Bay on Saturday, June 23 8)

Need a board for Sunday the 24th.

Any help or leads greatly appreciated! :D

Thanks, Brad
Doc Turbo
Ripper (more than 100 posts)
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by Doc Turbo »

Hi Brad, hope all the planets line up for you with swell, winds, no crowds, and board, and good waves

Always wanted to go to south africa

Good work.....

Post by Tinso »

Being a relative newby to this site, I haven't seen this thread before.

I have a 5'9" quad rounded pin, and a 5'10" quad swallow tail (both Parkes boards) if needed in the Newcastle, NSW area.
...but I like to be different...
southpeakbrad

Post by southpeakbrad »

Thanks Doc for the well-wishes!

Still no leads on a stick unfortunately.

I'll keep checking in.
Brad
Bruzer

Post by Bruzer »

J-Bay footie shaper Glen D'Arcy has shaped several sweet looking kneeboards which have been posted on this site. Also, perhaps Terence H in Durban has a mate in J-Bay or Port Elizabeth with a board to loan or hire. Also saw a vid on this site several months ago of a woman ripping up Durban or ?, so she might know where you could get a board.

I have great memories of Peter Hosking in 1980 defining warp speed at Supers and getting so deep at Bruce's Beauties we couldn't photograph him - towards the end of our stay, Paul Wuslich came and drew some beautiful lines to boot. Only Bobby Owens matched Peter's speed runs. For the Yank and Saffa kneeboarders, Peter's Paul Gravelle twinnie was an eyeopener re: fin placement, chine rails, channels. Hope you get some roping walls to wail on.