The Philippines

This forum is designed for you to post your travels, inquire about destinations or plan a trip.

Moderator: Moderator

bigtony
Local (More than 25 post)

The Philippines

Post by bigtony »

Heading to the Philippines the first week of November in the Luzon Island area. Anyone surf there and if so what are your thoughts?

Thanks
BIG TONY
C J Gagner
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by C J Gagner »

cloud 9 is epic. been to many years to remember if its close to where your going but if it is well worth the trip!!!!!!!!!!!!
Though the course may change sometimes rivers always reach the sea!!!!
bigtony

Post by bigtony »

Thanks for the reply and I know of Cloud 9, but it is pretty far south from where I will be. It sounds like I will be closer to the Baler area or Zambales area depending on how the roads are.
BIG TONY
Jerry

Post by Jerry »

Hey Big Tony I could be of a lot more help if you were going south. But what I do know is you have your choice of east or west coasts. This is the time of year that the winds transition from offshore on the east coast ( Pacific ocean ) to offshore on the west coast ( China Sea ) You could get typhoon swell on either side. So Baler south to Daet and if you have time don't forget Catanduanes island, home of the right reef, Majestics. On the west coast you have lots of breaks, most our a ways north of Manila, and need a typhoon to break. But just ask around. Surfing has taken the Philippines by storm and any coastal local knows where the surf breaks are, as well as the many surf camps / resorts etc. Have fun... and Mabuhay :!:
None rich, none poor. Everyone happy.
bigtony

Post by bigtony »

Thanks Jerry and I really appreciate it!
Aloha
BIG TONY