the compass always points to terripin

This forum is designed for you to post your travels, inquire about destinations or plan a trip.

Moderator: Moderator

stonefish
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

the compass always points to terripin

Post by stonefish »

hola, im going down to clear the flotsam and jetsam from the beach at rancho de las olas, lots of driftwood from hurricane rick. ill report how the surf is. also i have a unfinished task in san pancho where i intend to spear the same fish that got away last year! i got a new tip with more sharp points on it! found a decent price on alaska air. but they gouge for board transport.... back for xmas swell at the wave observation tower.
randiego
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by randiego »

Hey Stonefish, love to hear how this turns out! 8)

"Tomorrow is a promise to no one."
kidrock

Post by kidrock »

pix, please.
"So if you want to kneeboard, find the hollowest waves you can, ride as short of a board as possible and go fast and deep. If you want to slip and slide, twist and jerk, go for air then stand up and do it. Let’s keep kneeboarding sacred."
-Bird Huffman
stonefish

san pancho.....

Post by stonefish »

ok rain and big surf here here so spearfishing must wait. ill try to get pics........ offs blowing! dig it! stonefish out
stonefish

mainland mex

Post by stonefish »

good surf here in san pancho, other spots are closed out during tide changes. well overhead. i was in sayulita today to send this and they overflowed the sewer into town which goes into the river that leads to the break..............soft toppers are floating in it. mita and el faro are all time im told. ok back to the hammock.
skansand

Post by skansand »

mi gusta burros...
Tide is the master, tide can be a disaster...-Dub side of the Moon
Hoppo
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by Hoppo »

Say hello to Rafe at El Rancho for me. I love that area. Go every year. Got me thinking of A Frames. Thanks for the memories. Be there again next November.
stonefish

mex wrap up

Post by stonefish »

ok so im back in cold water. the surf has been good here at the wave observation tower. the mexican surf scene was in good form. great waves, in all the usual spots north of vallarta and south of san blas. the waves were big with powerful shore break at rancho de las olas. two or three guys only took it on. san pancho had its share of really good waves as it rained for three nights and the entrance to the estuary opened. nice shape. my daughter had her 4th birthday on the beach so i spent alot of time watching the waves and building sand sculpture, all in all a perfect time..........no fish were killed. Alonso in the san pancho surf shop says hi and come on down. ill go.