Mexico???

This forum is designed for you to post your travels, inquire about destinations or plan a trip.

Moderator: Moderator

Troz and Chayno
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by Troz and Chayno »

Thanks to everyone for the advice. Im still trying to sort through it all.
Im getting even more amped to check the place out now. Ross, are you trying to scare me out of going??? :lol:
Just gotta twist the boss's arm and get some more time off work, he should be used to it by now.

Cheers people.
Bob
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by Bob »

Simon's "Sparrow and Friends" had a pretty good Puerto segment in it; beach and point...
frencho

Post by frencho »

I've been to Puerto a couple times and my best recommendation is stay at least four weeks to get "aquainted" with the place. In all my trips I've never gotten acustomed to level I've said ok I feel safe now. Í had a couple heavy experiences in 2002 and 2004 includind a heavy hold down on which I shitted my pants... The place is incredible, the people extra humble... Bring lots of big boards. The place eats them like tortilla chips. Get a room with A/C. Let me say that again: GET A ROOM WITH A/C!!!!
Always wake up Smiling... That way life starts to line up a little better and a lot more fun...
Tom Linn

Post by Tom Linn »

It all depends on your goals. Puerto is good if you want to stay in one place, surf heavy beach break, save money, have some company, and be able to surf when everyplace else is flat.

Another alternative is to get a vehicle and cruise the coast. There are areas in Mex with a series of long right points, another area with a series of long left points. and everything in between. Many with very few surfers.
jim richardson
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by jim richardson »

Salina Cruz 8)
SURFSURFSURF
K-man

Post by K-man »

The man is right!....salina cruz,state of oaxaca...beware the magic mushrooms... :lol:
Troz and Chayno

Post by Troz and Chayno »

This Sallina Cruz place looks awesome from what i have seen on the net. Right hand sand bottom points... Im drooling! Looks windy though??? Whats the best time of year to head there? And by the looks of it il need a 4x4 to get to any of the breaks.... True?
jim richardson

Post by jim richardson »

The website is pretty accurate on the best dates to book. A couple buddies of mine have been there at different times and said it is the best kept secret for surf travel there is. Dredging right handers with hard packed sand bottoms. Several points to chose from on any given day. Never heard any complaints about the wind. Except maybe to hard offshore. Take a heavy board to deal with that. 8)
SURFSURFSURF