another SB surf weekend

This forum is designed for you to post your travels, inquire about destinations or plan a trip.

Moderator: Moderator

sf_firestarter
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

another SB surf weekend

Post by sf_firestarter »

looks like a fabulous surf weekend in store for the west coast!!! planning to surf camp the holiday weekend at Jalama or another northern SB destination to take advantage of sun and substantial WNW on tap.

Maybe the Captain will make an appearance?

Anyone else going to be in the water in the area?
Bob
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by Bob »

Try Rincon. That is where the rest of the state is going. Too bad it is a weekend.

I doubt the capt. will be there.
Bill F

Post by Bill F »

Tried to surf Rincon yesterday, but could only find parking under the freeway!Must have been 200 guys out or something. Went to Sandspit with an Urchin diver friend in my dinghy.He is from kauai, a great surfer ,and 31 yrs old. He took off way too deep on a set, and went head first into the sand,just free fell . He was out cold,we got him to the beach and he wanted me to take him to his boat .... at the hospital a short time later, with 2 breaks in his neck. He's in surgery this morning and was supposed to be OZ in 7 days.. I'm just glad he's going to make it. It was something , I hope, I never have to go through again. Be careful out there
kidrock

Post by kidrock »

Sorry to hear that, Bill...Sandspit's a pretty bad place to take a header :shock:

Best wishes for a speedy recovery for your friend. 8)
sf_firestarter

Post by sf_firestarter »

Bill...sorry to hear that I hope your friend is OK.

I stayed to the north county and avoided the crowds for the most part.

Surfed a peak near Hazards just my father and I Sat afternoon, El Capitain was breaking all weekend and I got a couple sessions there and few at Coal Oil Point. Only Sunday at El Cap was crowded.

That was a great surf weekend. 6 sessions in 3 days, 75degrees, sunny, no wind...doesn't get much better.

el cap
[albumimg]23683[/albumimg]