Costa Rica Trip

This forum is designed for you to post your travels, inquire about destinations or plan a trip.

Moderator: Moderator

C.P.Odom
Legend (Contribution King!)

Costa Rica Trip

Post by C.P.Odom »

Evan and I will be leaving for Costa Rica on July 27th for two weeks. We will be renting Danny Robertson's new house near Playa Negra. Danny's house is Casa Everlily in Playa Junquillal. The house is large and beautiful, we can't wait to get there.

Beautiful home, close to beach surfing, restaurants, store etc. Pool, Tennis, work-out room, basketball, internet etc. (10 minutes from Playa Negra).

Evan and I would appreciate any surf or travel tips for this area. Please contact Danny if you are interested in renting his house. I will post some pictures.
album_showpage.php?pic_id=24930

Links to the community in CR:
http://www.tierrapacifica.com/
http://www.tierrapacifica.com/Newsflash ... ifica-Home
gumby

Post by gumby »

Nice Hope you score lots of waves. 8)
To do what I want to do
I have to do what have to do

Craig
C.P.Odom

Post by C.P.Odom »

Yogi and I are picking up custom two board Kneeboard Coffins from Stay Covered in O'Side this week. We were hooked up by Joel Mayer.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Costa Rica is on my list of places to go. Look forward to hearing about the adventure. You will take a few pictures :wink: another cover shot of Evan 8)
To do what I want to do
I have to do what have to do

Craig
southpeakbrad

Post by southpeakbrad »

Great news Curtis! Should be an awesome trip in everyway 8)

I also have a StayCovered double coffin...on trips to AUS and NZ both boards did great. Say hi to Mark for me!
khoningford
Local (More than 25 post)

Costa Rica

Post by khoningford »

Hey Curtis. My brother and I went to Costa a few years ago, staying in Tamarindo. This area has many fun beachbreaks within walking distance, including the rivermouth which can get really good on the right tide and swell.
Playa Negra is a little further to the south and has a great reef/ sand set-up and can get downright epic, but the crowd grows proportionally to wave quality. If there's enough swell, head up the beach to the "Little Hawaii" area. A beautiful beach with blue water and black lava outcroppings, this place really reminded me of Nanakuli/ Tracks on Oahu's westside back in the day.
Another really good spot is Langosta or Zippers. A combo reef/ rivermouth that gets really fun and hollow. A word of warning though, this place is notorious for car break-ins, leave your money/ valuables where you stay. Playa Grande gets good, but also crowded unless it's big. You guys will have a great time!
spidah da kneeridah
Scott

Post by Scott »

Hopefully, you two will get Playa Negra like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhzaoxg-DyY&NR=1

:P :P :P
MJ
Ripper (more than 100 posts)
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by MJ »

Love the kayaker.
bigtony

Playa Grande, CR

Post by bigtony »

CP,
good to hear you will be in CR same time as me.
I leave on the 23rd thru Aug. 1st.
I have a place in Playa Grande, so look me up if you make your way up there from Junq's. My place is Rancho Privado!

I come down and surf Negra and Junq's and Marbella too, so I may see you. If the swell gets big, you should check out Avienna's River Mouth. Pretty much like lowers!

I hope to see ya...
Pura Vida
BIG TONY
C.P.Odom

Post by C.P.Odom »

Stoked to see you Tony. We overlap a few days so we have to make a point of hooking up. I will PM you.
rooster

Post by rooster »

I am sooo jealous. Negra is one of my favorite waves. Can get really crowded though, I once counted 50+ guys on a 6' day. Throw in a couple Brazil nuts and it get downright Huntington like :(

Have a good trip.
C.P.Odom

Post by C.P.Odom »

We will have 3-4 days at the end of our trip when we will be looking for a place to stay. Does anybody have any suggestions?
C.P.Odom

Post by C.P.Odom »

Well Evan , Yogi, Tod and I leave tomorrow. We are all ready. Thanks for all the help on and offline. I still have one unanswered question. We always hear: Do not leave anything in your car and do not leave anything on the beach???????
You gotta leave the house with something right? Money, ID, etc, what do you do with it?
eqKneelo

Post by eqKneelo »

Just bring money for the day, make photo copies of your passports and Driver's Lic and carry those, bring a magnetic hide-a-key to stash the rent-a-car key if it's one of those annoying electronic ones, lock valuables in truck or glovebox or under spare, or buy a bag of fast food, eat it, then crush up the wrappers and hide money in there... looks like garbage. :wink:
C.P.Odom

Post by C.P.Odom »

One week into the trip and it has been great. Surf every day, from medium to big.

Danny Robertson's Costa Rica Surf Palace is a must trip! No more sweaty buggy beach shacks.