the barenjoey??

This forum is designed for you to post your travels, inquire about destinations or plan a trip.

Moderator: Moderator

farbz
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

the barenjoey??

Post by farbz »

anyone here been on it?

the boat trip that is...mentawis

any good?
MJ

Post by MJ »

Because of the distances that you can travel to get to the different locations, if it was me I'd go with a powered boat. I went on Huey and had a ball and we appreciated the speed over the sailing boats. I guess the yachts would be a cruisier trip though. Either way it's a great spot.
eqKneelo
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by eqKneelo »

Gotta 2nd the HUEY.

When the wind/weather switch, it's awesome to be able to get North or South in a hurry and lose all the other boats.

Also, Huey is all canopied deck area... plenty room to sit outside and check the surf all day.
Mike Fernandez

Post by Mike Fernandez »

Only been once on a sailboat. I would go with a powerboat because the sails never went up on our boat. I would have liked to sail at times. I got plenty of surf in though, can't complain.
I would also recommend going with a small boat, having a portable crowd with you would suck, especially if someone snakes you who is on your boat. :wink:
I am a traveller of both time and space, a weaver in and out of dreams, I see worlds seldom seen.

www.michaelfernandezphoto.com
Rocky Point/Black Rock
http://www.youtube.com/user/kneelocoveproduction
weirdo

Post by weirdo »

Farbz... mentawis trip is awesome. The boat I was on the Katika burn't down the year after we were on it.
The Barrenjoey would be cruisy, but handy to be on a zippier boat to get to different spots should the conditions change.
Steeno
Legend (Contribution Guru)
Legend (Contribution Guru)

Post by Steeno »

fastest boat you can be on
http://legless.tv/

dad
coach
godfather
maxb

Post by maxb »

went last year on freedom II fast boat great skipper and crew. leave the sailing for a non surf trip ,you'll be glad you did
max
kbing newport
danny shilling
Grom (25 or less posts to site)
Grom (25 or less posts to site)

Post by danny shilling »

Ahh the Huey!I grew up with the owner Steven Sewell,the stories I could tell you about the man could be made into a movie. Sooly used to putt up the Woronora river in a 6hp tinnie when we were at school so he could have a surf.He would get up at 3am putt to Prince alfred park and then walk uphill to Sutherland on foot to board the 4.44 train to Cronulla,He would then proceed to learn to surf out big Cronulla point on a 5,6 emerald single fin stand up.