Mentawai Trip Sept 2011

This forum is designed for you to post your travels, inquire about destinations or plan a trip.

Moderator: Moderator

MJ
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Mentawai Trip Sept 2011

Post by MJ »

Well it's 7 years since I've been to the Mentawai and I've decided to go back and re-experience Disneyland for surfers. The trip we're looking at is the Budyadahri Sept 24th to Oct 5th with http://www.sumatransurfariis.com/ US$3030 for 14 days, seems like a good deal. The boat is fully equipped and they even have an on board photographer. This was the cruise of choice for Ken Bradshaw a few weeks ago. Anyway I thought I would throw it out there for any fellow Kneelos around the globe who had been thinking of going and needed a prod. Send me an email or PM if interested.

MJ
analbirth
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by analbirth »

Mark, i'll start saving, is budge going?
once you've had black you'll never go back!!!
MJ

Post by MJ »

AB, I've sent you an email.

If a June/July departure would suit anyone better let me know as there might be a change.

For others who would like to dream:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xqDDr1gFZ0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5LM62tpnsg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsjYVvz-INU
womble

Post by womble »

Very tempting ... I've been tossing the idea around a bit lately ... the going on a bit of a surfing sojourn idea ... Old Crazy's been tossing all kinds of things ... and as for the reigning or raining Queensland CHUMPion well he just sits on the end of his bed polishing his trophy ... if you know what I mean ... and fair enough to ... its the only one he's got ... yep ... if you know what I mean.
A trip like that would require three tickets to ride ... Womble ... Old Crazy and the Chump would all want to come ... three for the price of one ... yes very tempting. If only for the excuse of adding a few more of DP's arrows to the quiver ... that would be the narrowed pintail I was talking about ... hey Dave ... and I'd probably need another go-to board ... same as the latest ... just in case ... and ... and ... and.
OK ... seriously interested ... in september not june-ish.
AB ... you start saving ... why bother thats about three hours of questionable work for a person in your dodgy profession. Speaking of which ... the washing lady wants another powerpoint ... and more light in the engine room.
Mentawais hey ... think I'll start saving too.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand.
While imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.

Albert Einstein ... Yeah Bert.
analbirth

Post by analbirth »

oh man 2 weeks on a boat with old crazy polishing his bits ffffffuuuuuuuuuuuukkkkkkkkyyyyeeeeeeeaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh

oh and bruce, just so we've got this clear, FU. I may be slow but i'm rough so i can stretch that 3 hours into 8 no probs. Gime a call with what and when u want so we can like hook up man.
stevea

mentawi surf trip sept 2011

Post by stevea »

M J
Maybe the guys would like the magic moments captured in hd video on a broadcast quality camera ,it s probable that i will be in Indo from April on and would make myself available at mates rates if the interest is there
In fact im interested in shooting any kneelo coming this way most especially chargers of waves of consequence ie 10ft +Ulu Watu ,Padang Padang etc
Drop me a P M for my email address and details on my equipment and experience
PS I can get on with anyone so long as they dont steal my girl or drink my beer
analbirth

Post by analbirth »

first i've heard about women coming :shock:
flaps
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by flaps »

I just went on a 20 day trip on the Budyadahri this past July/Aug...went north to the Telos, Nias, Hinakos, and Banyaks...awesome trip...great boat, great crew, highly recommended...can't wait to go back--miss that warm water! We're getting plenty of waves here lately but the water is about 12C :shock: They replaced the canvas top for the upper deck with a wooden top so that is the major hang out spot now...many hours/beers went by up there!
It's already good tomorrow...
MJ

Post by MJ »

Thanks for the pics. Mr F.

AB didn't you read the web site where it mentions the on board masseuse?

Womble and Stevea I sent you a PM, let me know if you didn't get it as they don't appear in my sent items.
womble

Post by womble »

Thanks MJ ... the message came through ... but Old Crazy forgot to mention it ... the self medicating affects his memory ... but it does make the colours far more vivid.
I don't always log in when visiting ... so the massage was still on the boat so to speak ... instead of in the in box.
In a nutshell ... very keen to do a trip like this ... but locking it in by next week could be a hurdle ... June and early July (the first week or so) are out of bounds ... the oldest boy turns eighteen ... plans are afoot ... maybe even another trip.
I'm catching up with AB tomorrow ... I'll have a chat with him ... meanwhile on the home front ... the leave pass has been accepted ... the fine print is yet to be negotiated ... open-ended contracts are a bitch.
I might get Old Crazy to phone you shortly ... the chump wont speak with the common folk ... seeing as there has been a distinct lack of autograph hunters surrounding the compound of late ... and he feels rather disappointed at the lack of enthusiasm.
While imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.

RMcKnee

Post by RMcKnee »

Mr Birth wrote:first i've heard about women coming
but I don't believe him.
stevea

mentawi surf trip sept 2011

Post by stevea »

M J P M came through i will send you an email within a few days
womble

Post by womble »

I'm out ... :cry: ... PM sent ... PMT imminent ... a snowflakes chance in hell has arrived ... oh well ... now where are those flying pigs.

MJ

Post by MJ »

Need to change the Topic name.

It should now read Mentawais trip some time between the end of May and the end of July depending on where they can fit a couple of extras in.

If this time frame suits anyone better let me know.
MJ

North Sumatra

Post by MJ »

Ok, so it's not the Mentawaiis but close. We have decided to go to North Sumatra, Nias, Banyak, Treasure Island, Bawa etc. etc. on a nice stable Cat which sleeps a maximum of 6 guests, http://www.atolltravel.com/, 27th June to 7th July.

Still a few places available if anyone has a 'wtf I might just go' moment.

Treasure Island Teaser.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6J2M6HeY6Y

Not to mention a Nias clip, which you've probably seen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OfyHf6pqa0

Just a little bit excited!