Baja Sur Todos Santos trip!!

This forum is designed for you to post your travels, inquire about destinations or plan a trip.

Moderator: Moderator

Jeff Wallis
Local (More than 25 post)

Baja Sur Todos Santos trip!!

Post by Jeff Wallis »

Well after 3 days of driving we made it to Todos Santos. The fiance and I rented a cool lil cottage 50 yards of the beach ad very close to all the local surf spots. Looks like I will be the only kneelo here and Im cool with that!

Got my first day of surf in this morning. It was a bit small but fun and the water was warm and clean! We are posting daily about our adventure on our blog at http://beachandsurflife.blogspot.com/

If you wanna follow our adventure check us out daily as we will be making updates with pix! The trip down was uneventful for the most part other than a couple sleepless nights.

Todos is super cool and the people are very friendly. Well up early and off to find some surf hopefully. Wish you all and happy and safe holiday season!

Jeff

http://beachandsurflife.blogspot.com/
Scott
Legend (Contribution King!)
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by Scott »

Read your blog, Jeff. Sounds like an adventure. Keep the narrative (and pics) coming!
Jeff Wallis

Post by Jeff Wallis »

Thanks Scott!

Our internet connection down here isnt the greatest and it takes along time to upload pix to the blog so please bare with me. The surf has been almost non-exsistant but we hear that we may have something brewing. The finacee did get a few shots yesterday that I will try and upload tomorrow. Still trying to fill in the blanks from our travel from IB to Todos.

Jeff
Jeff Wallis

Post by Jeff Wallis »

Surf has been hit and miss and not really great. Here is a few pix from the other day. Hopin to get some swell headed our way in the next few days.

Jeff Wallis

Post by Jeff Wallis »

Well our 2 week trip to Todos is over. We are in Mulege for the nite and will head to San Quintin tomorrow. Yesterday we finally got the swell that everyone was talking about for weeks. Waves were BIG and fast. I will try and post up a couple pix this evening or tomorrow nite.

The total trip was a blast and Todos Santos is just a kick ass little town. The people are very cool and the scenery is awesome. The weather was a bit cooler this year according to the locals but it was still mid 70's during the day and sunny. We will be going home a shade or two darker than we left San Diego in.

We had so much fun on our first trip that we have already made plans to return next December. We split the drive into 3 days. From San Diego to San Quintin on Day 1, and then onto Loreto the second day and into Todos Santos on day 3. The return trip first day we ended up in Mulege for the nite and tommorrows travel will be the longest leg of the trip. And we will arrive back in San Diego on Sunday about mid day.

I gotta say this that the rumors about the police screwing with gringos is "FALSE" as the local municipal police in Todos came to our rental one day during our stay as they said to meet the new locals. They were totally cool and gave us a direct line to the commandante! They said if we had any problems to give him a call.

The military check points were also a breeze. Today the were on a high alert at the first one we hit and did look through the vehicle. When I mentioned that I was a former US Marine and retired bombero the whole inspection turned into a bullshit session. The guys were all packin automatic rifles and I actually felt really safe around these young men.

Of course being a former "JARHEAD" I have a high respect for all military units regardless of country. They all put their lives on the line for their country just as we do. Well enough ramble, just wanted to check in and say that if anyone is thinking about he trip to Todos just go for it!

More later,

Jeff " El Solo Kneelo para Todos Santos"