OZ and NZ trip...woo hoo

This forum is designed for you to post your travels, inquire about destinations or plan a trip.

Moderator: Moderator

sf_firestarter
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by sf_firestarter »

I'm back, an adventure, surf was good a few days but only average to poor the rest. Highlights were definitely meeting and staying with the KSUSA crew. A few other high/low lights: Staying in a hut on top of the Tongorio Alpine Crossing in 35 mph winds and rain alone with nobody else on the mountain. Surfing alone at out of the way spots most days. (a note to others, ending up in the middle of a feeding frenzy surfing alone is not a highlight) MEAT PIES AND CREAM DONUTS!!! My bank putting a hold on all my cards so I was stuck at a gas station with no way to pay and but was then invited to stay with one of the attendants families.

Well I got ragged out Raglan...blown out slop. However, the beach break south of town was fantastic one day.

Howard and Susan thanks so much. Craig and Vince it was great to share a surf with you guys. Kiwi's sure are nice folks. Beds available at my place anytime.
Howard Lorney

Post by Howard Lorney »

Shame there wasn't more good surf for you but atleast you got to view some of our beautiful country, enjoy some Kiwi hospitality and surf a couple of OK days at the Mount with us. The past few days here we've had waves with 4-5m faces and given the agro in the surf over the past week they might need the local police to start a surf patrol. An arse-hole wave hogging local :evil: and lots of seasonal fruit pickers from south american countries, with no idea of surf ettiquite and little respect for others :x , camping on the beach and surfing when there is no fruit picking. Those lonely breaks sound good but need to take atleast one other for company

Must apologise for the 'blonds guide to NZ history' that my daughter Heather and niece Laura subjected you to prior to the quiz night at the Tavern, they are an entertaining pair when they get together.

Any one else coming this way is always welcome, just start a post.
Live for the moments that take your breath away.

kneed for speed
sf_firestarter

Post by sf_firestarter »

No apologies necessary, they are both quite welcoming, friendly and beautiful girls. I found the conversation quite entertaining with some of the explanations being very humorous.

I especially enjoyed the idea that, womens sufferage was successful in NZ because, it was a new country and it takes so long for mail to come from England.

I think you may have a potential book deal there, 'Blondes Guide to NZ History and Travel'

[albumimg]27759[/albumimg]