Going to Hawaii?

This forum is designed for you to post your travels, inquire about destinations or plan a trip.

Moderator: Moderator

kage
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by kage »

my trip won't be until early spring, around easter. Niece is getting married. Can't afford two trips. :(
But get some for me and provide some details when you get back. I just ordered my Hawaiian language tapes! :D So I can be all like I know what's going on :lol: when I get there.
Smokin Rock
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by Smokin Rock »

Kage,
you'd be better served by getting "pidgin to da max" a book about pidgin english. very funny and very acurate. so wen deh mek li dat to you, you ken mek li dat to dem. you know what i try fo say cuz?
"This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before." Butt-head
SCGARY
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by SCGARY »

SMOKIN ROCK wrote:John,
give some aloha and you'll get heaps back. thats pretty much what it's all about here.
Edgar,
hey amigo, we still have'nt hooked up for a surf. if things can work out lets get together with some of these travelers and have a mini gathering Big Island style. let me know your schedule. the Kukui'haele/Hono'kaa boys would freak (in a good way) if i showed up with 2-3 other kneeboarders.
Is there any decent breaks in Hono'kaa besides nearby Waipio Valley (sp?) ? My brother lives in Hono'kaa but he's not a surfer.
I've surfered further south with some local buds from Hilo but they only know about the valley.
Smokin Rock

Post by Smokin Rock »

pretty much just the valley for the Honokaa area. whats your bros name ? i lve in Waimea about 15mins from Honokaa.
SCGARY

Post by SCGARY »

SMOKIN ROCK wrote:pretty much just the valley for the Honokaa area. whats your bros name ? i lve in Waimea about 15mins from Honokaa.
Dave McDuff,. He's a general contractor working on spec houses. He's a big guys about 6'2" 300 + lbs.
Smokin Rock

Post by Smokin Rock »

i don't think i've met him but sounds familiar. i work at the only hospital in the area so eventually i meet almost everyone. give me a PM on your next visit. we'll go for a surf.
SCGARY

Post by SCGARY »

SMOKIN ROCK wrote:i don't think i've met him but sounds familiar. i work at the only hospital in the area so eventually i meet almost everyone. give me a PM on your next visit. we'll go for a surf.
I would guess you probably have seen or met him at the hospital. Seems he's always bringing in one of "trades" guys whose hurt himself. He recently ( couple months ago)had to bring a guy in who wacked his hand with a circular saw. Ouch!
I get to Kona a least once a year and usually stay in Kailua at a friend's house off Alii. (my bro it too much of a slob). I'll probably be there after the first of the year. I'll keep in touch , thanks
kage

Post by kage »

Still going to Hawaii. I guess a month or two after everybody else unfortunately, but still going. Wife would like to extend trip to Kauai for a couple of days.
Okeydokey! Does anyone have any suggestions or where to stay on Kauai? Hanalei area I am thinking but what do I know? What to avoid? What to do besides surf and surf and surf?
Chief and SMOKING ROCK be warned I will be in your nieghborhood around March 16. :D
we are the knights that say knee
IKAIKA

Post by IKAIKA »

ALOHA KAGE,
JUST LE T US KNOW.
L8RS,
CHIEF
surfhorn

Post by surfhorn »

I have many friends on Kauai; I'll put the word out. John Mel also has mucho info - you may want to talk with him.
kbing since plywood days
Smokin Rock

Post by Smokin Rock »

Kage,
right on. i'll give you some contact info closer to your arrival. on Kauai there are cheap condos to be had in the Kapaa area. i like to be centrally located on Kauai cuz the road don't go all the way around and the west side has happening stuff too. unreal hiking in the Waimea valley area and of course check Polihale for waves. try Pono market in Kapaa for poke' and fresh fish. ask John S. he loves the place too. in Lihue go to Hamura's saimin and also there is a sushi restaurant in the tip top motel that is real reasonable and killer sushi. can you tell when i'm not surfing i'm eating!
Poidog

kauai

Post by Poidog »

kage wrote:Still going to Hawaii. I guess a month or two after everybody else unfortunately, but still going. Wife would like to extend trip to Kauai for a couple of days.
Okeydokey! Does anyone have any suggestions or where to stay on Kauai? Hanalei area I am thinking but what do I know? What to avoid? What to do besides surf and surf and surf?
Chief and SMOKING ROCK be warned I will be in your nieghborhood around March 16. :D
howzit kage,

if you care to pm me i would be more than happy to hook you up with some ph# for some nice bed and breakfast places on kauai.($35-$60 per night) mostly on the north shore.
aloha,
Big Russ