Surfer Mag. article - Ghost World

This forum is designed for you to post your travels, inquire about destinations or plan a trip.

Moderator: Moderator

mike schmaeling
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

Surfer Mag. article - Ghost World

Post by mike schmaeling »

I may be wrong, but it sure looks like a kneerider on page 110. Anyone know about this place - awesome right. Canada is getting alot of attention in some of the surf publications lately.

Mike
DavidW
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by DavidW »

Yeah it is a kneelo in that spread. In the article it states that of the few locals one of them is an ex-pat Aussie kneelo. Looks like he picked a nice place to relocate.
Greg Little

Post by Greg Little »

Dave I agree, but what does the man do for the other 350 days a year?? Hopefully travel alot. Greg....
Tom Linn
Legend (Contribution King!)
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by Tom Linn »

On a trip to the North Shore last January, I met an ex-pat Aussie kneelo who lives much of the year in British Columbia. The guy spends 2-3 months a year on the north shore and charges large barrels. He had a great sequence pulling into a huge barrel at Jocko's on the chunsreef.com website earlier this winter.

The guy rides some strange, independently designed boards. He showed me his "gun" kneeboard. It was 7'2'' and looked like a modified surfboard with knee pads on it. Very interesting.

gotta be the same guy as the in the photo.
Big Smokey
Grom (25 or less posts to site)
Grom (25 or less posts to site)

Post by Big Smokey »

Greg Little wrote:Dave I agree, but what does the man do for the other 350 days a year?? Hopefully travel alot. Greg....
The west coast of Vancouver Island has some excellent surf. Tofino, Sombrio, Port Renfrew all have some great breaks for most of the year. If you can brave the cold water, there are some great waves to be had. Most folks that you meet are friendly and willing to share their spots...
I've been up to BC a couple times and had a blast!