qantas grounded :twisted:

This forum is designed for you to post your travels, inquire about destinations or plan a trip.

Moderator: Moderator

wanderer
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

qantas grounded :twisted:

Post by wanderer »

well the shite has hit the fan in australia
im supposed to go to work in 12 hours but our little irish ceo
$ 5.1 :shock: million dollar a year man has decided
that i day after his pay rise of 70 percent :shock:
people that earn .1 to .1/2 a percent of his wage are asking to much & killed the airline everything is grounded
HOW MUCH CORPERATE GREED IS ENOUGH
sorry to any one that had plans to travel
a sad day for australia and a great airline :cry: [/i]
Last edited by wanderer on Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
scott
Jimputz
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by Jimputz »

So tell me.......does this guy drive around in a bulletproof car?
griz

Post by griz »

Share holders need to let this guy know that not only is he not Australian but also unAustralian...........and he bats for the other side..............jeez!
quadfin
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by quadfin »

Very similar to what happened to American Airlines a few years ago. The Union made concessions and Corporate took bonuses.

When the employees found out I was in transit through San Juan and Miami to Houston. It was the most miserable travel day of my life. Made 10 gate changes for one flight at Miami and got home at 1 in the morning for a flight that started at 6 the previous morning.
Surf Hard Live Slow
southpeakbrad

Post by southpeakbrad »

geo

Post by geo »

most airlines in the US have screwed the employees since 911
using that as a way to go about it.
United hired a new ceo in 2003 giving him a 3 million signing bonus.
he lead UAL into bankruptcy with in 3 months,
workers take pay cuts lose benefits and pensions cut by 2/3 s!
the big boys keep getting theirs!
yes I am a bitter former UAL employee.
Best of luck with the out come with Qantas
KenM

Re: qantas grounded :twisted:

Post by KenM »

wanderer wrote: HOW MUCH CORPERATE GREED IS ENOUGH
[/i]
An Associated Press article reports that Quantas profits more than doubled to AU $250 million. In spite of record profits many major corporations are driving wages down as well as attempting to bust unions and here in the U.S., if you stand against this you are labeled anti capitalist or communist. How much is enough? They won't be satisfied till the 1% own 100% and the 99% have zero.
Captain Kneemo fan club

Post by analbirth »

alan joyce wants qantas to be an asian airline based in asia, it's been his goal, this refusing to neg. with unions is part of his medium term strategy to force the move from australia to asia , the full grounding is part of that strategy which is no spur of the moment decision. he's an irish git/nerd

lets not forget our polies looking to double their pay packets as well, in a rare unity decision [usually only happens when their pay and perks are involved ]
once you've had black you'll never go back!!!
womble

Post by womble »

analbirth wrote:alan joyce wants qantas to be an asian airline based in asia, it's been his goal, this refusing to neg. with unions is part of his medium term strategy to force the move from australia to asia , the full grounding is part of that strategy which is no spur of the moment decision.
Yep ... this isn't any old spur of the moment decision were talking about here ... this has been a well orchestrated plan to undermine the operation at a grass roots level ... starting with the refusal to negotiate with staff on wages etc ... and culminating with this act of locking out the unions and local employees in a effort to form an excuse to move the majority of operations overseas.

This little bit of shenanigans has badly tarnished the brand. The shareholders need to ask the board a few pertinent questions ... one of which should be when are they going to sack the Irish imbecile masquerading as a CEO.

Qantas needs someone in charge who has Australia's and Australians best interests in mind ... not some selfish foreign flip looking to cash in on the cash cow.

The decision to take this action is very unAustralian ... and the management at Qantas should be ashamed of themselves.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand.
While imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.

Albert Einstein ... Yeah Bert.
analbirth

Post by analbirth »

shite womble you must be pissed off, i actually understood what you wrote, first read. Usually i have to go over it a few times cause us swamp dwellers are a bit slow on the uptake sometimes :roll: :oops: :lol:
once you've had black you'll never go back!!!
Smokin Rock

Post by Smokin Rock »

Globalizations latest victim. 1st world workers can never compete with 3rd world workers. they'll do nearly everything for less and as long as that is the case.....jobs will go elsewhere....and wont come back. Globalization really means equalization. equalization of wealth (excluding the mega-rich of course). most peoples standard of living on this planet can only go up. that means someone elses has to go down. unions clearly dont help and most are just as corrupt as the corporations they do battle with. the only real power we have is as consumers. which products we choose to buy. since most choose the cheapest we only fuel the fire of our own demise. pretty gloomy heh? not sure how it will get better.....for us i mean! :lol:
if i were Indian or Chinese i have a beer and merrily dance on the West's grave :twisted:
"This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before." Butt-head
jdc

Post by jdc »

womble wrote: This little bit of shenanigans has badly tarnished the brand........ (shenanigans is irish for I play the fox)

The shareholders need to ask the board a few pertinent questions ... ....(from the radio report on Friday the share holders gave the majority thumbs up to his pay rise

Un Australian :shock: despite the myth of freedom australia remains perhaps the most regulated of all first world countries...convict beginnings perhaps

with most states heading further to the right (consider the antics of the victorian state goverment) and a good chance that abbott could make PM....what is it to be australian?...40% of the populations families do not fully go back one generation!

abbott lies through his teeth and everybody call gillard a liar...she stabs her former boss in the back and appears more right than left...then there is the media...media watch should mandatory veiwing for all

australias moral/ethical cultural compass got thrown overboard with peter reith and the children whose parents were told to jump off by an australia navel captain...so they could be picked up

when meatloaf sings on grandfinal day at the "G" an someone from across the water runs the the flying roo yu wonder...but then jim stynes the irishman is prez of the afl's MFC and everybody loves him

without a shared vision....its open season

be "true blue" cough up for africa or something
i like surfing
red

Post by red »

The airline losing $250 million a day - more than enough to have paid for the salary increases.
It's the waterfront all over again. Trying to break the unions so they can get lower paid workers to do the jobs.
bdwqld

Post by bdwqld »

red wrote:The airline losing $250 million a day - more than enough to have paid for the salary increases.
It's the waterfront all over again. Trying to break the unions so they can get lower paid workers to do the jobs.
"Ironically" QANTAS have employed the same parasites (lawyers) that were used by Rio Tinto and Patricks Wharfs, both of whom used heavy handed tactics to wipe out the influence of unions in their businesses.
A 71% pay-rise to a man who has been at the helm of other failed airlines and is doing an excellent job of wiping out QANTAS as a premium Australian brand, is just absurd.
How long will it be before we don't have Australian crews on "Australian" planes.
Virgin Australia must be loving this!!!!
"Start at the Knees Please"
http://neepro.blogspot.com/
Howard Lorney

Post by Howard Lorney »

:idea: :idea: :idea: Just employ a few more Kiwi pilots and cabin crew 8) , we'll also take care of ground crew and maintenance if you like. We work for a lot less than our Aussie counterparts :oops: , do a great job and it keeps the jobs out of China :twisted: (with all due respect to all peoples on this forum)

Actually we have been the victims of outsourcing for years. Phone any one of our major corporations' call centres and it's difficult to find someone who has english as a first language.
Live for the moments that take your breath away.

kneed for speed