San Diego bound?

This forum is designed for you to post your travels, inquire about destinations or plan a trip.

Moderator: Moderator

SecoG
Local (More than 25 post)

San Diego bound?

Post by SecoG »

Hey folks, this is my first post on ksusa, thanks to ya'll for leaving the door open.

I'm 57, and I have not been on a kneeboard since the late 70's. I found KSUSA.org after going online to research a board I just bought (a 5-8 blast shaped for bill lerner).

Took it out twice this past week, at S.Mission Beach (my old regular spot) and today my chest aches, my arms are noodles... DAMN, am I so out of shape! Despite all that, I can only say what a JOY it was to be back in the water. Surprisingly (or not) despite the tiny waves, I caught a bunch before I was completely exhausted.

I'm planning to go out regularly, even if it's just to paddle around - hopefully can get my endurance up so when there IS a swell, I won't drown.

Wishing y'all the best up at HB today! If you're coming in from out of town for the Dec.8th event, look me up - I've got a spare room.

~
Jack Beresford
Legend (Contribution King!)

welcome

Post by Jack Beresford »

Welcome SecoG! Great to have you back part of the tribe! You've got about four months before winter to shake the rust off!
Mike Fernandez

Post by Mike Fernandez »

Welcome SecoG. The old skills will come back and just keep going out, it will all come back. You may even find yourself surfing better now, than when you were a kid. :wink:
I am a traveller of both time and space, a weaver in and out of dreams, I see worlds seldom seen.

www.michaelfernandezphoto.com
Rocky Point/Black Rock
http://www.youtube.com/user/kneelocoveproduction
mmanners

Welcome back

Post by mmanners »

Seco G, you picked a fun time to return to the sport of kings. We are are a welcoming tribe, and there are many rippers near you, that'll show you how it's done these days. Congrats on a good board selection. Now get in shape cuz winters coming and there's several places in SD that go quite well that time of year.

Enter the water with a smile, and come out with a bigger one and you got it down.

Enjoy the Glide,
M2
SecoG

Post by SecoG »

Great vibes here! thx for the welcome

Been out a couple times this past week - this new board is so much faster, floats higher, forgiving rails.. had lots of fun despite the small waves & personal rust.

Definitely doing work to get back in decent shape - Just made plans to spend new years near Camalu, BC,Mex - some friends have an oceanfront trailer, just down from the point. Posted the aerial photo of the point in my album- there's a 110' shipwreck on the point, rights peel off just next to it. This visit I get to join my buddy in the water, woohoo!