Spain anyone?

This forum is designed for you to post your travels, inquire about destinations or plan a trip.

Moderator: Moderator

Tin man
Grom (25 or less posts to site)
Grom (25 or less posts to site)

Spain anyone?

Post by Tin man »

I'm traveling to Spain the last week of September though the middle of October.I am planning on attending the Cantabrian Keebord Festival on Oct.4-6. Anybody out there attending ?
I've been wanting to spend some time in northern and western Spain
for quite some time.Beautiful country,great food,wine and waves. Anyone been ? Have lots of ideas on places to go but could use some input .Thanks ,Tin Man
gogglefog
Ripper (more than 100 posts)
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by gogglefog »

That time of year you're sure to score.
I was there six or seven years ago. Inigo in Zarautz rolled out the red carpet for me! Thanks Inigo!!!
Mundaka was on fire but I gave up after 45 minutes or so because of the crowd.
Bumped into a friend on the cliff there and he told me about Rodiles - let the locals have it at low tide and they'll come in after an hour and a half or so. Nice longe left with some tube sections.
In Galicia I got a lot of great waves too. Scored the harbormouth in Foz just unbelievable waves with 4 people out. Lots of spots right off the road there.
Good luck.
analbirth
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by analbirth »

I was there in September last year, had some ok waves nothing spectacular but it didn't matter, as you say the food wine are incredible and so are the locals so you'll have a ball
once you've had black you'll never go back!!!
joe

Post by joe »

We did a trip that included the north of Spain. San Sebastian to Gijon. Spain is a beautiful country. Take your time, explore, and enjoy. It will be a great trip with or without good surf.

Check out this thread for some advice.
viewtopic.php?t=2998