3 Days in So Cal!

This forum is designed for you to post your travels, inquire about destinations or plan a trip.

Moderator: Moderator

alfredo zavala
Legend (Contribution King!)

3 Days in So Cal!

Post by alfredo zavala »

Going to be in No. County San Diego without family for some surf this weekend. Looks like I will be getting some S swell!!! Would like some advice on where to surf Friday afternoon, Sat morning, and would like to surf in N LA county on Sunday on my way back North. Any advice from the Kneelo brotherhood would be appreciated. How warm is the water? Thanks in advance.
Cheers
Fredo Z
SecoG
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by SecoG »

Cant' help ya much with North SD County, South Mission will be pumping Friday, Avalanche at Ocean Beach.

I'm heading up to Orange County for a Friday dawn patrol session at the Cove & spending the day there. Have events Thurs nite & Fri nite, and there's a bit of a swell predicted.

You'll find the water warm, it felt 66 on Saturday at OB - I was out for a short time w/o a suit.
WayneK

Post by WayneK »

Hey, Alfredo
For us whimpy So Cal Kneelos the water is unseasonably cold...60-62F at most. I met SecoG briefly at the Cove this AM.
Surf was fun shoulder high with the odd head high set with peaky conditions.
It was foggy but that did not stop the masses from surfing early.
Should still be fun Saturday
alfredo zavala

Post by alfredo zavala »

Ended up surfing Oceanside harbor yesterday and today. Really fun and the water felt like bathwater in a 1mm springsuit. I think it was definitely warmer than 62. I saw another kneeboarder out from a distance, could it have been Chris Buscemi ? For once the swell gods came through on my annual So Cal pilgrimage! Nice!