in Norfolk Va for a couple weeks...

This forum is designed for you to post your travels, inquire about destinations or plan a trip.

Moderator: Moderator

hulen500
Grom (25 or less posts to site)

in Norfolk Va for a couple weeks...

Post by hulen500 »

hey everyone im in Norfolk VA for a couple weeks and hoping there's some knee riders in the area. im here on a boat i work on with a couple boards. looking some local info and hopefully score a session:) any info would be greatly appreciated :)

im here from now till around the 5th of November
looking forward to hearing from you! thanks guys!!

-Luke Hulen
nmac

Kneeboarding-Virginia

Post by nmac »

Luke:
I'm certainly no expert on surf in that area. However, I live north of there in Delaware. And,have surfed in Virginia Beach and the Outer Banks(North Carolina). If you have access to a vehicle, your best bet is the Outer Banks. It's the prime surf area on the East Coast. Fall is a good time for waves in that area. If you don't have transportation, you're pretty much limited to the VA Beach area. Just normal East Coast beach and jetty breaks. There are kneeboarders down in the Outer Banks who are members of this site. Don't know about the VA Beach area. Hopefully, one of the NC guys will respond to your post, too.
Good luck. Hope some swells hit that area.
Nick.
KneeBumps
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by KneeBumps »

Luke,
I'd echo what nmac said, Nags head south is usually best bet (Rodanthe & south best). If you can't get that far down see if you can hit Sandbridge (south of VB) to escape the crowds.
If you can use the boat to surf, you have access to the VA Eastern Shore north of the Chesapeake Bay, with numerous untapped breaks to explore.
Not much swell on tap, but the Banks usually pick up a ground swell when other spots do not.
If you get down the Outer Banks, get in touch with CapeSurf, he lives in Buxton.
"All I want in this life of mine is some good clean fun
All I want in this life and time is some hit and run"
Lowell George
hulen500

Post by hulen500 »

cool thanks for the info! unfortunately i dont have a transportion and would have to rent a car to get anywhere but it could be worth it even for some small fun ones:) but ill keep an eye on those spots:) thanks again guys!!
Eric Carson

Post by Eric Carson »

My brother Leif lives in Va beach. He surfed (Footboard) some clean chest high waves earlier this week. Va Beach can produce this time of year! Crowds shouldn't be much of a problem during weekdays. Agree with above advice. Good luck!