Indonesia in September

This forum is designed for you to post your travels, inquire about destinations or plan a trip.

Moderator: Moderator

wolruss
Legend (Contribution King!)
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by wolruss »

Hey Gogglefog, Yeah the Waka's have booked out the Damai Bungalows from 28th Aug to Sept 14th (I think that's the depart date) but there are a few other from the Waka's that are booked in at Freeline (just down the road) booked in at the same time, be good to see you if you can make it on those dates - I believe most of the guys from Freeline end up at the Damai Bungalows bar anyways as it has better facilities for keeping the Bintang nice & cold LOL. If your interested I'll put you in contact with the guy making our arrangements or just confirm the dates & let you do the logistics, let me know mate.
Cheers Wolruss
halbs
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by halbs »

Hey guys got back from South Sumatra five weeks ago we stayed at Ombak Indah but watched all of the football at Damai as they had Australia network. Great part of the world some nice waves to be found.
getting there is often as good as getting there
gogglefog

Post by gogglefog »

Hey guys got back from South Sumatra five weeks ago we stayed at Ombak Indah but watched all of the football at Damai as they had Australia network. Great part of the world some nice waves to be found.
sounds like you had a good trip Halbs - can't say i'd be too excited about the football, after two trips to oz i still haven't figured out all the rules.
If your interested I'll put you in contact with the guy making our arrangements or just confirm the dates & let you do the logistics, let me know mate.
Cheers Wolruss
I'll be in touch once my Hong Kong dates get firmed up. hopefully, i'll make it when either your group or Mark's is there.

John
halbs

Post by halbs »

Visited the local surgery I would advise all of you contemplating visiting this area to avoid it - lovely lady but very sketchy facilities! Take some coffee bags - no real need for mozzie repellent as there were very few in this area and mozzie nets are provided at Ombak Indah. Take an old phone get a local sim to communicate with home, all good down there.
getting there is often as good as getting there
flaps
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by flaps »

Highly recommend the boat trip as well for the reasons previously mentioned...can't go wrong with SumatranSurfariis either...I've been on 3 trips with them, last one was a 20-dayer to the Telos, Hinakos, and Banyaks..got another one scheduled for April/May, can't wait!
It's already good tomorrow...