Kneeboard rentals in Sayulita?

This forum is designed for you to post your travels, inquire about destinations or plan a trip.

Moderator: Moderator

KneelingInNH
Grom (25 or less posts to site)
Grom (25 or less posts to site)

Kneeboard rentals in Sayulita?

Post by KneelingInNH »

My girlfriend has a trip planned with her old boss to Sayulita in mid Feb and I'm looking into coming with, but with board baggage fees bouncing between $150 and $200 (United and AA are all that service the local airport), I'm loathe to spend that kind of money for five days of surfing. Anybody got any leads on kneeboards in the Sayulita area? And any idea what the conditions are usually like that time of year?

Thanks for the help!
Hoppo
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by Hoppo »

Alaska Airlines flies to Puerto Vallarta, 25 miles from Sayulita .... $75 per board, each way. 8)
Mark Ramirez
Legend (Contribution King!)
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by Mark Ramirez »

I haven't been to Sayulita since 2004 and it was closer to summer but I did get some pretty good surf at Punta Sayulita and at Punta Mita in Puerto Vallarta. It was waist high to about just overhead. It breaks at all different tides favoring a east, south-east and south wind. I think the cost to take my board was about the same quoted by Hoppo, maybe just a little bit more from what I remembered.