Maui trip

This forum is designed for you to post your travels, inquire about destinations or plan a trip.

Moderator: Moderator

hankj
Local (More than 25 post)

Maui trip

Post by hankj »

Just finishing two weeks, great time at Honolua, Ho'okipa and a few other north swell spots, then south swell spots Dumps and La Perouse Bay mopping up the remnants of Cyclone Pam. Surfers on Maui are just so damn nice, even the crusty locals and alpha dog Hawaiians! As long as you aren't mistaking Aloha for weakness probably, but never found that out - just great waves and laughs and nice chats between sets. Very interesting how much conversation goes on between sets on Maui, everyone seeming happy to check in with friends and catch up like it's a small town.

To the kneelo on the Yellow Blast, I'm getting old, forgot your handle/name, but it was fun to cross paths a couple of times in the water. Thanks for the offer to check out some out of the way spots - maybe next year.
day

Maui

Post by day »

Hankj,
I think the guy's name with the yellow Blast was Ken (of Santa Cruz).
Were you the guy with the white board at Caves at Honolua about two sundays ago?
David
hankj

Re: Maui trip

Post by hankj »

David that was me! Were you out that day? I think I only saw one other kneelo among the surfers.

Basically I get to Maui over spring break (I'm a teacher) every year. Say hi if you see me 8)

Henry