HELP....heading to OBX in June and all my boards are in Florida

This forum is designed for you to post your travels, inquire about destinations or plan a trip.

Moderator: Moderator

ROCKTJOK
Grom (25 or less posts to site)

HELP....heading to OBX in June and all my boards are in Florida

Post by ROCKTJOK »

I am a short-term transplanted Floridian living in Northern VA. I am moving back home in August of this year. Earlier this year I took all my boards back home because I thought I would not be in the water for a while......but, we just bought a popup and are making a trip to OBX and staying at Frisco Woods Campground on June 9 thru June 13th. Do you know/have any boards you would like to sell/rent/lend? I sent PM's to a bunch of EC locals hoping to draw support.

Maybe I should just start a gathering and bum a board when I get there.......

Thanks for anything!

m.wyle@ilslaunch.com
571-332-9320
Cocoa Bch Fla
ROCKTJOK

Re: HELP....heading to OBX in June and all my boards are in Florida

Post by ROCKTJOK »

Much thanks to al that responded to my request!! I was a little apprehensive that I would get any replies but as it turns out I now have 4 new connections on the US east coast. Nmac of the Delmarva was first to respond with an offer, Landlock then contacted me and got me in contact with Scott Busbey who owns Natural Art Surf Shop in Buxton. Scott was great and got ahold of a local kneeboarder Cape Surf and offered me a loaner board. Then I get and email from Kneebumps who actually lives with in an hours drive of my location. Super stoked to have so much support!! Sometimes this site looks kinda dead and you wonder if anyone is still checking it out. Have faith, us kneelos stick together. As it happens I ended up canceling my Jun 9th trip as a I was requested to go to Kazakhstan for "work". I am hoping to be home by mid June and will again try to get my butt to the OBX.....Thanks again! :D :D :D :D
Cocoa Bch Fla