North Shore Kneeboard Gathering 2005

This forum is designed for you to post your travels, inquire about destinations or plan a trip.

Moderator: Moderator

Chris Buscemi
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

North Shore Kneeboard Gathering 2005

Post by Chris Buscemi »

I was wondering who was planning on making it to the 2005 NS Kneeboard Gathering and if anyone is interested in sharing accommodations or if a group already headed that way and could use another person to minimize housing costs. I can make it any two weeks in February.
kevin
Grom (25 or less posts to site)

Post by kevin »

Chris,
I'm looking at attending the Gathering in Feb. also, and I'm flexible in my schedule. I plan on bring a 5'5" kneeboard and a 5'4" fiance. 2 weeks is about the length of time also. If we can get a couple of more couples to commit, we could get a big house on the beach. I haven't spent much time online researching available accomodations, but I'll start at some of the recommendations given on http://www.blasthawaii.com/Trip_05.html
Chris Buscemi

Post by Chris Buscemi »

Kevin- That sounds good. I've done a bit of research and it looks like we could get some pretty nice digs and not spend too much money. Take it easy- Chris
Howard

Post by Howard »

Chris,
I plan to be on the North Shore for 2 weeks from Feb 15 thru 31 with my family for the gathering so see ya there.

Howard...Okinawa
Chris Buscemi

Camping Out

Post by Chris Buscemi »

After doing a bit of research and financial planning I have decided to camp out while on the North Shore for the 2005 Gathering. There are two campsites that are each about 5 bucks a night. If anyone needs any info on either of these I will be happy to pass along all that I have found. See you in February. Chris Buscemi
Chris Buscemi

Camping Out

Post by Chris Buscemi »

After doing a bit of research and financial planning I have decided to camp out while on the North Shore for the 2005 Gathering. There are two campsites that are each about 5 bucks a night. If anyone needs any info on either of these I will be happy to pass along all that I have found. See you in February. Chris Buscemi
Beeline2.0
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by Beeline2.0 »

Last edited by Beeline2.0 on Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scoop

Post by scoop »

I am still not committing but gee I want to be in....Bud are you still interested in the sails....would make a difference....
Tony
Love that "greenroom" feeling...(don't panic I finally found it)..... good ole' winki on a good day
ScottMac

Post by ScottMac »

Last edited by ScottMac on Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scott

Post by Scott »

That was really sad video...very disturbing. Especially sad to see the others trying to video it when the guy was getting pounded way, way past anything remotely just. Then busting his board. What a pack mentality.

And the whole tone of the video is "he got what he deserved." Is that what he really deserved?

Granted, the guy was a complete idiot for resisting the command to clear the water, but is this how to solve it? There's not much of a line between this behavior and locals elsewhere patroling beaches, a la Oxnard in the past, threatening anyone who dares to try to paddleout to surf where their buddies are already out.

My nephew was beaten pretty bad last year, completely coldcocked, in Miami for an altercation with a local in the water. A lot of damage to his face. I guess that sort of biases me against this sort of thing, too.

Just really sad...
Smokin Rock

Post by Smokin Rock »

on the bright side, he probably won't be making such profound errors in judgment in the future. the north shore today is much tamer than it was in the 70's and 80's but if you are real stoopid this kind of thing will happen. the locals will give you respect if you give them respect.
he did'nt show much respect holding up a contest, refusing to move and then picking a fight with "Kainoa" in front of the whole beach at pipe. what did he think Kainoa was going to do? paddle back in and say "oh well, he said no"
i hope nobody thinks twice about coming to the gathering since more than likely the only beatings will be handed out by the waves.
"This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before." Butt-head
Smokin Rock

Post by Smokin Rock »

the skipper is a fat bloody longboarder. don't believe a word about his "3 hour tours".
we (here on the big isle) call it gilligans island when there are no waves. we had great waves a couple of weeks ago then it turned sh#t. this weekend we'll have a moderate nnw and a near advisory south. so this weekend maybe i'll change it back.
"This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before." Butt-head
red

Post by red »

flight deal from Australia for '06:
http://www.bestflights.com.au/cgi-bin/2 ... tails=2311