First Timer Looking for a Board

Got a used board or gear for sale? Post a description (AND PICTURE!) Posts will be removed when item is marked sold or after 90 days of inactivity.

Moderator: Moderator

ptaublieb

First Timer Looking for a Board

Postby ptaublieb » Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:51 pm

hello ksusa forums!

i'm a malibu-based (pt.dume actually), 60+ long time surfer looking to give kneeboading a go. looking for an easy riding, cruisy used board to check out the sport, which looks great! i'm 5'6",175 and fairly fit (crossfit 2-3 times a week), but looking for an altrnative to regular paddling or the dreaded SUP! (i actually like SUP, want to try closer to water-level!).

love a local-ish board!

paul

Scott
Legend (Contribution King!)

Re: First Timer Looking for a Board

Postby Scott » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:20 pm

Hi Paul. I'd love to help you if you were up in the SF Bay Area, but being as you're in SoCal, I suggest you post your question on these two Facebook Sites: Kneeboard Surfing USA, and Kneelo Cove.

Give them some contact info and I bet someone will get back to you with some good used kneeboard shapes for you. Glad you want to give this a try--I bet you'll love it and will enjoy seeing a high wave count. If you're ever up visiting in my area get in touch with me.

Happy New Year!

Scott
I'm not influenced by the past; I change it!

harris teeter

Postby harris teeter » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:51 pm

hey i too am a first-timer looking for a kneeboard. new, used, custom, foam, glass - whatever is available. am in SE NC on the EC...kneeboarding is pretty much non-existent so there doesn't seem much available to buy. would consider any knee-riding wave vehicle.

thanks!

Scott

Postby Scott » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:48 pm

You're right: I think it is tough to find kneeboards on the East Coast. Some standup boards are pretty close to kneeboard dimensions, such as the Firewire Hot Potatoe (the ones around 5"11" to 6'0", for example). Maybe you can find one of those. Otherwise, I suggest contacting Dean Cleary (www.deanclearysurfboards.com) and see if he can shape a new one for you and ship it out to you. Joe Taylor (look for him on the Kneelo Cove site on Facebook) is turning out some great boards for his buddies, and may have a line on some used ones. Outside of the continental USA, you've got board makers like Blast, Parkes, and Flashpoint, but it will cost you more, I suspect, to get something from them, but the quality is incredible. Keep your pleas out there, especially on the Kneelo Cove page, and something may turn out for you.

If you want to talk with me more personally, my email is: spjk5@yahoo.com
I'm not influenced by the past; I change it!

Mindoro
Grom (25 or less posts to site)
Grom (25 or less posts to site)

Postby Mindoro » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:17 pm

Hi-Not sure if you have a board yet but I have a 6'0'' X 23 round pin quad made by Joe Nichols in very good condition with Cove pad for sale. My email is hcbream@yahoo.com Please shoot me an email with your phone # and I will text pictures of the board and give you a call. A friend from Hatteras is driving out to California where I live on Feb 12 and helping a friend move back to NC. I could send the board back with him to Hatteras. Please let me know if you have an interest.

Return to “FOR SALE: Used Boards, Gear, ...”