Oceanside Gathering march 12

Post your comments on current or past events, things we can improve on or just a summary of your views.

Moderator: Moderator

Landlocked
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by Landlocked »

Hey Joe,
What are you riding now?
WayneK
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by WayneK »

The gathering was very well attended easily 20 guys( Darcy where were you?). We swarmed the south jetty; I had to move up the beach before I could catch a wave!
The surf was fun 3-5' faces with a rare plus. It was a bit inconsistent with fun racey lines and some barrels. Everyone was having a good time.
Thanks to Mark Robertson for policing the line-up and being the "surf avenger" fighting for common courtesy and good vibes in the line-up. He had to not so subtlety lecture, then physically challenged a snaking wave hog, whom wisely backed down when posed with the question of 'continuing the discussion on the beach'. Mind you this guy was indescrimantely snaking foot boarders as well as the Bretheren. Good on ya Mark!
Thanks to Greg, Jeff O, and the rest of the Oside crew for organizing the event, sorry, I cold not stay for any post surf socializing.
JOE YOU'RE WELLCOME! I think the best part of the gatherings is the opportunity to test new boards. Of course meeting new people, reuniting with freinds, and sufing with alot of kneelos is very cool. Watching the various styles (some with real talent) and trying new boards will enhance your surfing. It was fun and exciting for me to share waves with Sam and Shawn: THE FUTURE of our sport
Finally, for those interested Joel ,has the remaining pics from the Santa Cruz Festival and the 12-04 Blacks Gathering 8) Wayne
joe

Post by joe »

Joel also mentioned he is going to be going digital soon, an expensive proposition. If he has any shots that you like, please show some support and purchase some prints.

Landlocked,
I've got a Romo quad pin and a Toby quad fish. Both great boards in the right conditions, but surf more off the tail and are much tighter than some modern designs. Wayne's board is super loose, compared to anything I've riden before, and just seemed to work so well. Made me realize I shouldn't have to work so hard to turn. Bruce is building a new Flashpoint for me, so I have hopes that it will help take me to the next level.

Back on topic
The gatherings are great. Meeting and surfing with so many other kneelos keeps the stoke alive.

See you all at Surfer Bowl in April.
ShaunMurphy
Ripper (more than 100 posts)
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Thanks

Post by ShaunMurphy »

Id just like to say that i had an awsome time, meeting everyboy, and kneeboarding
I think i caought over 30 waves out there which is a new best
one of my best days ever
>Joe thanks for letting me try your board it was Sick
Thank you to O-side crew for arranging it
And for all the pointers that i got
( I used them when i went out again today-- almost landed an air 360 !!!!
:lol: 8) )
Thankyou to bob for the tips
and i hope to see yur spoon and Pipo next time i see u
It was an awsome sight to see that many kneelos out there as well
we pretty much took over three peeks
and i could tell some of the surfers wer starting to get ticked off LOL
I hope to see You all again
Peace out
-Shaun 8)
surfhorn

Post by surfhorn »

Joe - Watch out for that Flashpoint...the way Bruce shapes, those Aussie boards have a tendancy to ride upside down in this hemisphere. lol
kbing since plywood days
C.P.Odom

Post by C.P.Odom »

Great fun Saturday, I think attendance went well into the thirtys. There were Kneeboarders spread out from Middles to the north and to Condos in the south. At least three people reported being accosted by sea creatures, probably Squids. Alot of new faces since last year and a couple of young ones. keep em coming.

Curtis

Have you hugged your Flashpoint today?
Kurtscsurf
Grom (25 or less posts to site)
Grom (25 or less posts to site)

Post by Kurtscsurf »

Too bad there weren't more photo's to capture all the action. Kneelos were exploding on both sides of the jetty and Joel did his best to get the best.

Awesome pics Joel!
southpeakbrad

Post by southpeakbrad »

I finally reviewed the photos from the Gathering (I've been unable to view photos at home so had to check em at work) and I'm stoked! I'd say Jack's Big Move and Joel's effort to capture it are just about All Time-way to go you guys :D Walt, nice line, and barrel! Mark, your first turn in that sequence is great; nice view! Looks like everyone had some fun ones..wish I was there.
walt davidson

Post by walt davidson »

SP Brad,

We missed your smiling face! It's always contagious (your smile).

Walt :D
MWROBERTSON

Oceanside Gallery

Post by MWROBERTSON »

Hey Guys!

That's it on the Oceanside photos. Hat's of to Joel. He did a great job and got photos of just about everyone. Once he gets a computer and goes digital, he can start posting these and making a few bucks to support his passion. Support him in any way you can next time you see him. I hope you all had a good time.
walt davidson

Post by walt davidson »

8)
Last edited by walt davidson on Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MWROBERTSON

OC

Post by MWROBERTSON »

No sweat Walt. It was fun surfing with/at/next to ya that day. Ha ha ha. It seemed like each time we got a wave we were each in the line of fire. Let's do it again soon.