Rincon Gathering

Post your comments on current or past events, things we can improve on or just a summary of your views.

Moderator: Moderator

Sprocky
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Rincon Gathering

Post by Sprocky »

Anyone interested in joining me at the "Queen of the Coast" sometime this winter? And if it's during a decent swell there's a dozen other point breaks we could hit.
Sprocky
Steven Lewis

SOUNDS GOOD

Post by Steven Lewis »

During the week maybe a friday morning if there's a swell maybe in jan keep me posted that's a great wave, Steve
surfhorn
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by surfhorn »

Keep me posted. My daughter attends UCSB and I'm always up for a trip to visit her.
kbing since plywood days
Sprocky

Post by Sprocky »

I graduated UCSB in ('91) (my mom in '73). My family has been in SB County since 1875. Campus Point and Devaraux are two of the 12 points/reefs I mentioned previously. We've got alot of options besides Rincon if need be, but I've never had a problem at Rincon. Especially on a Sunday dawnpatrol. My friend calls it the "Hangover theory". You've got a place like Rincon where you expect there to be a lot of people on a weekend, especially Sunday. But there's a lot of guys out partying on Sat. who can't get up early on Sun., plus all the people that don't show up because they assume a Sunday at Rincon will be crowded.
I've surfed plenty Rincon dawnpatrols on a Sunday with half the crowd of a weekday, just for those reasons.
Granted, it all depends on how surf starved the locals are, but you can get great waves at Rincon even on a weekend.
Please don't let this info out to the gen pop.
Sprocky
Steven Lewis

SUNDAYS

Post by Steven Lewis »

OK dawn patrol on sunday's give me a head's up on a new swell and I will drive up for a 2 hr session
WayneK

Post by WayneK »

Sounds Great! I always travel south to San Diego or N, Baja for winter swells. I need an excuse to surf up there. Maybe after the Blacks gathering. Although, Sunday is my most flexible day of the week; I could go on short notice. Wayne 8)
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

I'm in. Lived in SB from 76-89 and surfed Rincon all the time. Hey Sprcky - what about Little Rincon, Pitas, Naples and that other spot just south of El Cap? Geez - I miss it up there!
surfhorn

Post by surfhorn »

Sprocky - Yeah, SB is a great area. I've rarely surfed Rincon but have caught it during the winter at 8-10 feet. Just me and my 5'5" freeline fish...waves from out at Third Point all the way into the highway...at 4 AM!

Also, caught Campus Point & El Cap big. And Refugio at 6 feet with only my wife and myself out!
kbing since plywood days
Landlocked
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by Landlocked »

Hey Guys,
If this happens Jan. 16 I'm in.
Dean
Steve Neal

Post by Steve Neal »

Hey Eric im up for a Rincon Gathering, today would have been a good day all the points in the area are firing right now. :o
MWROBERTSON

Rincon

Post by MWROBERTSON »

Guys,

I try to hit Rincon a few times each winter. I would be Way up for it. It has become an annual must!
Scored some awesome Deveraux last year. Draining hollow off the point! Strange, I hear it's pretty Fat and sectiony most of the time. Anyway, play your cards right in the SB area and you wil score.
budman

Rincon

Post by budman »

Count me in on the Rincon Gathering,any excuse to spend a weekend in the S.B erea with waves in the morning and wine country afternoons.
stemple

Post by stemple »

Speaking of Rincon. Looks like I will be down in that neck of the woods on Thursday Dec 9. I have do a few hours of field work on Carpinteria Creek. If all goes well, hopefully I will get a chance to paddle out around 2:00 pm. Anybody around to join me?. Pm me today if you want to hook up. I will be riding red freeline quad if we meet in the water.

Syd
surfhorn

Post by surfhorn »

I may be in SB/Isla Vista area 12/20-21.............
and again 12/26-27.
kbing since plywood days