Reformation of Club for Sunshine Coast, Qld,Australia.

Post your comments on current or past events, things we can improve on or just a summary of your views.

Moderator: Moderator

MEAT
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by MEAT »

Brenden:
Nah!!! just having a surf and a beer with you when your next up would be cool. :D :twisted: Whens that going to be??? :D :twisted:
Headwax:
I like the air ventilation under the right arm pit. Or is that very acidic "BO" that's eaten the t/shirt away? :)
I'm afraid that Windansea's t /shirts are a little more "kosher" than that. :)

Hoo roo
lowrider
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by lowrider »

Hey Steve, do you know when the club gathers next?
MEAT

Post by MEAT »

Hi Lowrider,
Happy New Year to you.
Yep.The next meeting will be Wed 2nd Feb, 7pm at Caloundra Sailing Club Boatshed located at Short St (Leath Park) (off Landsborough Pde), Golden Beach.Bring a couple of $ for refreshments if required eg $2 a beer or softy.The meetings go quick so we can get into the um, er, um, der, softdrinks etc.The pointscore happens the Sunday after the club meeting starting at around 6:30.......first heat in the water at around 7am.BBq and tents take time to putup depending on the help.Sausage sandwiches and egg and bacon rolls happen as quickly as the Bbq's rockin and arollin.Coffee/tea also happens real quick too.If any of this changes I'll let you know asap.
If you can give me a bell on (h)54936281 or (m)0415610238? I'm out tonight but maybe tomorrow night or weekend.
Hoo roo
splashy

Post by splashy »

Hey Meat

Where do we meet for the club comps?

...also, for those of us coming from Brisbane, there is no way we can attend the Wednesday night meetings so we can't attain full membership.... is there an associate membership or anything?

BTW - Happy New Year, big fella :D
One crowded hour of glorious life is worth an age without a name - so stay tubed!
MEAT

Post by MEAT »

Hi Splashy,
Sorry to take a while to get back to you.
The contest meeting site is as always Anne Street ....reef break...near Dicky Beach....6:30am.
I have spoken to the secretary of the club and she said that allowances can be made for people who live in Brisbane or further away to be excused from the 3 meeting format.However there are no other exceptions for persons living WITHIN the Sunshine Coast areas.Obviously the criteria is set for people to show a level of committment towards the club, which in my opinion is fair enough.

Joining fee to Windansea Boardriders (after you meet the set criteria/or as stated above...in your case) is $50:00.

Hoo roo.
Nov

Post by Nov »

Kneelos joining an exisitng club is a great idea, we have a kneeboard division in the North Narrabeen Boardriders as well.
MEAT

Post by MEAT »

Nov,
Yeah, I think the benefits completely outweigh the negatives for this.Obviously the insurance is the deciding factor......sign of the times unfortunately.
Hoo roo
scoop
Legend (Contribution King!)
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by scoop »

hey meat

make sure there is a comp 15th may.....i got a $9 fare + taxes($30)...will only be there the weekend...see what you can organise

tony
Love that "greenroom" feeling...(don't panic I finally found it)..... good ole' winki on a good day
MEAT

Post by MEAT »

Hi to all,
Just thought that I'd post a reminder to all Sunshine Kbers that Windansea Boardriders Club monthly meeting is on tomorrow night (Wed 2/2/05) starting around 7 to 7:30 ish. At Caloundra Yaught Club boat shed, Short Street (off Landsborough Rd). Drinks are available at the meeting at $2.
The first pointscore contest for the year will be this coming Sunday at Anne Street (reef break), meet at 6:30am ish.
For any further info I can be contacted on mobile:0415610238, home: 54936281.
It would be excellant to see some more kbers joining...here's hoping.
Hoo roo for now.
Shelfbreak

Post by Shelfbreak »

Hi Meat

Thanks for the reminder, look forward to seeing you and some other kneelos there. I don't expect to set the Sunday comps on fire but I feel it's important to support the invitation extended by the Windansea Boardriders Club.

Regards

Anthony
Shelfbreak
MEAT

Post by MEAT »

Hi Shelfbreak,
I'm looking forward to catching up with you.Just look for an middle aged,crusty, little Hobbitt with a number one hair cut......Shouldn't be hard to find eh! :D
Hopefully kb numbers will pick up.I've had a fairbit of feedback from guys, but sadly at this stage most kbers remain non commital...which is extremely sad for kbing on the Sunshine Coast.
A quick count of known Kbers on and around the Sunshine Coast is approx 40.It would be sad for kbing not to take advantage of joining a stable,strong,well organised,creditable and social club such as Windansea.Lets hope numbers pick up and kneeboarding moves forward rather than stagnates which is what has happened up here for the last 4 or so years. :(
Seeyasoon Shelfbreak,
Hoo roo.
splashy

Post by splashy »

Kb'ing stagnating on the Sunshine Coast for the last 4 years? Come on!!!! It's been the best four years for late take-off face-planting that I have every had. :lol:
One crowded hour of glorious life is worth an age without a name - so stay tubed!
Shelfbreak

Post by Shelfbreak »

I'll second that Splashy. The great waves we've had since Saturday have allowed if me to fine tune some high speed face plants.
Unfortunately the swell appears to have dropped off overnight.
Shelfbreak
MEAT

Post by MEAT »

Splashy and Shelfbreak.....the dynamic duo.No it doesn't have the same ring to it as Batman and Robin. :lol: :lol: :lol:
MEAT

Post by MEAT »

Hi all,
Congratulations to ALL the kbers that attended the first pointscore contest of the year with Windansea Boardriders Club last Sunday (6/2). Some excellant surfing was demonstrated by the Kbers in small,consistant and quite contestable waves.We all achieved good scoring waves in the heats but the final came down to the top 4. Congratulations go out to Craig (Splashy) Ashdown in first place, Andy Smith in second place, Peter Haley in third place and Nick (The Bear) Culbert in 4th Place.
After the contest (as usual) the BBQing started big time with copious ammounts of the amber stuff.
The day was just absolute pure stoke.With no pressures,or politics just plain good fun (which is what it's ALL about). So much so that it didn't end until 8pm...AWESOME.(ooooh! work the next day,ooooh!)
Thanks and goodonyas to all the kbers that attended and I look forward to catching up with you again at the next club meeting on Wed 2/3/05 or the next pointscore at Anne St on 6/3/05.Even better still, out in the surf in the next week or so.
For any enquiries re club info please call me on mobile:0415610238 or home:(07)54936281.
Hoo Roo
Steve (Meat) Thomas.