Reformation of Club for Sunshine Coast, Qld,Australia.

Post your comments on current or past events, things we can improve on or just a summary of your views.

Moderator: Moderator

MEAT
Local (More than 25 post)

Reformation of Club for Sunshine Coast, Qld,Australia.

Post by MEAT »

Hi all,
We finally have some good news for kneeboarders on and around the Sunshine Coast. Peter Haley,Brad Russow and I attended a Meeting last Wednesday night with Windansea Boardriders Club (Caloundra) in an effort to get a kb division in the club happening. Windansea members (all are footboarders) have unaminously voted in accepting kbers,with no oposition shown at all, which is fantastic and beyond our expectation.Upon the clubs acceptance we were asked if we could surf in their last pointscore contest of the year last Sunday and we were more than welcomed to attend their Xmas party immediately after the contest.Because of the time factor we only managed to get 4 entrants for the day but hey it's a start and the party was excellant too.Would you believe that they had a trophy made for us. Of course we were and are still wrapped in their keenness to have a kb division.
So obviously the drive will now be on to recruit kbers into the club.There are alot of plusses in joining Windansea rather than create an independant kb club.Take it from me, their first aim is to have fun and how true that is.
For further info contact Steve (MEAT) Thomas on (07)54936281 or (m)0415610238. :D :D :D
DarcyM
Legend (Contribution King!)

new club

Post by DarcyM »

hey Meat -

congratulations on your new club in Queensland! Well done.

Now, since the Windansea Surf Club here in San Diego, CA, USA, still isn't enlightened enough to let kneeboarders compete in their sanctioned contests, and seeing as how I've been a Windansea regular for the past ten years or so, can I join your club? :D Maybe we could send the club in the States a subtle hint (read: burning mal), just to show them that the Australian counterpart is far more magnanimous to different craft and styles in the water!

May be kind of a long haul for me for your next weekend contest , tho... let me check with my sponser ... Bruce??? :twisted: :lol: 8)
dm

"Push the button, Max!"
SFKneelo

Post by SFKneelo »

Darcy,
Do they allow spongers?
BTW, great new avatar!
lowrider
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by lowrider »

Good one Steve.
is there still a database of members of the old club?
I would be interested although a bit of a hike from here...
Andy
DarcyM

Post by DarcyM »

Darcy,
Do they allow spongers?
BTW, great new avatar!
Bob -

I wouldn't think they'd allow spongers, seeing as most of the Windan guys out in the water REALLY REALLY hate the boogers. I mean, REALLY. Kinda sad to have such a narrow view of what surfing is, actually.

thx! It was time for a bit of a change! :wink:
dm

"Push the button, Max!"
splashy

Post by splashy »

Yep - count me in.

Any excuse for a drive out of Brisbane is good for me.

Steve, got your message and left one with ya' about not being able to make it.

Keen for next year :D
One crowded hour of glorious life is worth an age without a name - so stay tubed!
splashy

Post by splashy »

Yep - count me in.

Any excuse for a drive out of Brisbane is good for me.

Steve, got your message and left one with ya' about not being able to make it.

Keen for next year :D
One crowded hour of glorious life is worth an age without a name - so stay tubed!
Shelfbreak

Post by Shelfbreak »

Congratulations on your inititative Meat

Will contact you directly about signing up.

Regards

Anthony
Shelfbreak
MEAT

Post by MEAT »

Hello all again,
Darcy: You'll have to be extra nice to your "sponsor" (Uncle Bruce) to cover your trip.Let's see now, Bruce would have to make and sell 15 boards or so to cover your trip.......WOW!! You really are going to have to be EXTRA EXTRA nice to Uncle Bruce.......I'd say he would say....nup!!!

Lowrider: We do have quite a few contact numbers to the members of the now defunct Sunshine Coast Kneeboarders but 2yrs has past and most have moved or changed phone numbers.So we will be relying on a lot of word of mouth so to speak or in other words "bush telegraph". The other thing is that 'The Fuhrer", oops, I mean the Mrs will get "slightly" peeved off if the phone bill goes through the roof and obviously the bill would (I couldn't blame her) .Come on Lowrider, your approx half an hour away (give or take a couple of minutes) how hard is that to travel?

Shelfbreak:Many thanks for the words of encouragement but I'm just one of two other guys trying to get this happening.I will extend on to them what you've said.Give me a ring when you can and have a word as I really think it's the way to go...financially eg insurance, socially and many other plusses too numerous to "waffle" on with now.

Splashy: Yep, no worries mate.....we need to have a beer before Xmas if you can?Any chance?? Or maybe early New Year :D :D :D :twisted:

I'll repeat my contact numbers for any interested kbers:
Home: (07) 54936281 Mobile: 0415610238.

Hoo Roo
lowrider

Post by lowrider »

'half an hour away'
Meat, you obviously drive with more 'flair' than me
but I take your point!
red

Post by red »

Good to see.

We've got a strong kneeboard division down at the Phillip Island Boardriders. The club continues to support kneeboarding since many founding members were kneeboarders.

Start strirring for a Windansea/PIBC club challenge in 2005 or 6.
fruitbat

Kneelo Club

Post by fruitbat »

Meat,

I am interested in joining your club. I will be in contact in the New Year.

Eric
MEAT

Post by MEAT »

Lowrider:
Touch'e Andy.....Maybe 45 mins....No worries mate.Still, it would be sensational to get some Nth Shore guys in the club.Like all things time will tell.
Catcya mate!! :D :D
Red:
Hmmmmmm!!!!Very early days.I think that would be well and truly down the track.........like........way down the track. :D :D
Fruitbat:
Mmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaadd!! Catchya in the new year...oh "batty one"!!! :D :D.

Hoo roo all.
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Well done Steve. Should I join for my once a year visit to the sunny coast :lol:

Brendan
The only bad surfing day is one where you don't.