Reformation of Club for Sunshine Coast, Qld,Australia.

Post your comments on current or past events, things we can improve on or just a summary of your views.

Moderator: Moderator

red
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by red »

Good on you all. Keep up the enthusiasm.
Meat,
We're getting a bigger crew down here all the time. Consistently have 6-10 kneeboardersat the PI boardriders contests. Next year Dean Bould is coming back and we hope to drag in Timmy 'chemical" Cadwell and a few of the other legends to join stalwarts Kevin Fischer, Gavin 'Meathead' Lewis and Stan Koeford. We have a ball in our heats and look forward to throwing down the gauntlet (maybe this years' Coopers Cup?)
MEAT
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by MEAT »

Thanks for the comments Red.It's appreciated.
The enthusiasm is starting to kick in up here, lets hope it keeps going.
The Coopers Cup will be around before you know it...scary eh!!
WOW!! It sounds as though you guys are going great down at PI. Goodonya's, keep it happening eh! My best wishes to all.
Hoo Roo for now.
MEAT

Post by MEAT »

Hi to all,
Yes, it's that time of month again (scary isn't it) when I post a reminder to all Sunshine Coast Kneelo's of the next Windansea Boardriders Club monthly meeting. Which happens this (coming) Wednesday night 2 March starting around 7:00 pm at Caloundra Sailing Club Boatshed, Short St (Leach Park) off Landsborough Rd, Caloundra. Bring some dollars for "refreshments" if required. As always the meetings are low key and full of good vibes (in other words no politics).
The Club monthly pointscore comp is on this coming Sunday 6 March starting 6:30am sharp at Anne St (reef break).As always, there is an entry fee of $3 for non members and $2 for members to surf the pointscore (which covers insurance). There will also be the usual bbq operating all day with egg and bacon rolls and also sausage sizzle. Plus bottomless cups of coffee,soft drink and oh yeah... hard drink (after the contest is over).I look forward to seeing a good crew there as we really do have a heap of fun.

Any further enquiries please contact Steve (Meat) Thomas on (m)0415610238 or (h) 54396281.
Hoo roo for now.
Shelfbreak
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by Shelfbreak »

We had ten kneelos turn up on Sunday which was great and there was a bit of swell to boot (~ 1.5 m). The group settled on the beachbreaks just south of Currumundi lake. We had light offshores during the pre-contest surf after which the wind went a bit sideshore (southerly change).

Thanks to Meat for pulling together all the adminstrative stuff and to all attendees for the enjoyable vibe. My only advice to Meat is to ditch the Le Mans starts, the clanking together of all those zimmer frames was rather undignified!
Shelfbreak
MEAT

Post by MEAT »

Shelfbreak,
Thanks for the quick report on the pointscore held last Sunday. We all had a pretty good time and a few laughs which is what it's all about.
We may have to look for a sponsor that has motorised wheelchairs as I know your and my zimmer frames are starting to corode and I guess the other guys are in the same boat. Maybe Lowrider might come up with a design of some contraption that gets us "old crusties" down to the water without embarrassing us kbers too much in front of the spectators.
Anyway, many thanks to the guys that attended the comp and it appears that we'll have even more new guys fronting the next pointscore. In other words, we're getting there. :D
Hoo roo all.
DarcyM

Post by DarcyM »

ok, I have to ask cuz no one else will ... "what's a zimmer frame?"

Love your language, too. :D
dm

"Push the button, Max!"
lowrider

Post by lowrider »

My only gripe (as usual), relates to the judging of the comp....

I was surprised & disappointed that at the low score given to my ultra late take-off, top to bottom, over-the-falls wipeout in the first heat.

Can only surmise that the bikini-girl passing by the highly trained judging panel at the time may have been partly to blame.

As to the zimmer frame dilemma, I'm thinking marine grade stainless steel
frame, with transverse front mounted board carrier & balloon tyres;
what do you think Darcy?
scoop

Post by scoop »

At a guess Darcy....would think they are talking about one of those old people walking frames....Qld is where all the pensioners go to retire...a warm even climate for those old aching joints....lol

Tony
Love that "greenroom" feeling...(don't panic I finally found it)..... good ole' winki on a good day
Shelfbreak

Post by Shelfbreak »

Lowrider I feel it's very community spirited to give the judges a rangefinder to calibrate scoring of rides truly deserving of a near zero score. Yours was no doubt a worthy manuevere, however you may have been upstaged. Most of us will be familiar with the over the falls sitting up lip perch - "oops maybe not, Ooh Ooh too late '.

Under the stress of competition I managed to convert such a ride (ineligible for scoring) by rising to my knees in the perched position. The icing on the cake involves extending ones' arms albatross style during the descent.
Shelfbreak
lowrider

Post by lowrider »

..also important to keep the feet together (& pointed) upon entry, to minimise splash..
MEAT

Post by MEAT »

Hi all,
Darcy,
Scoop's quite right in his description of a zimmer frame.Except for the bit about the pensioner retirement thingymajig.....we resemble that remark....oops I mean, resent that remark. :lol:
Aw, shucks the language thingymajig comes naturally. :)
Onya Darcy :D

Shelfbreak,
I'm gunna nominate you as our club "Cultural Attache".You slid (snaked) around that judging comment well.You'd do a car salesman proud. :)

Lowrider,
Aw stop "complaining". :D The bird in the bikini cost us heaps of money to parade up and down the beach.She was a priority.How didya reckon we got the spectators there.Besides that, we didn't know you were in the heat...we couldn't see you....Yeah, I know, we need to find an optometrist as a sponsor as well.Ok we'll work on that one. :lol:
Oh boy,we are "crusty" aren't we? :D

Headwax,
You were always one for fashion....bright pink leather trousers.....oooooh!Hmmmmm! :lol:

Hoo roo.
DarcyM

zimmerman

Post by DarcyM »

thanks for the translations, guys. I get it now. Here in the States, we have a few communities that resemble that described in Qld. Your pensioners there are our "retirees" and they use "walkers" (as opposed to a "baby walker", similar but different, and further illuminating the circular nature of life). They usually end up taking up way too much space on the sidewalks and causing one to have to dodge and weave around them when negotiating the food line at the buffet.

If I ever have to use one, I'm going to paint it British racing green with yellow streamers, a bicycle bell and off road wheels. AND I'll make it to the beach anyway I can ... !

I have a friend whose name is "Zimmerman" ... this will be more fun later.
:lol:
dm

"Push the button, Max!"
Shelfbreak

Variety of board designs

Post by Shelfbreak »

Next time we meet I'll try and take a digital camera along, not for mug shots, but maybe to post a collective shot of our boards. This might be of interest to KSUSA community. We had an interesting mix of boards along: three fins, quads, a 'hydrofoil' threefin and others with interesting fin shapes.

As a long standing kneeboarder but as a newcomer to club scene I'm finding it really enjoyable to discuss design issues with other kneelos including fellows that work in the surf industry. For this reason and the social aspect I'd encourage any other lone rangers to consider linking up with kneelo clubs in their vicinity.
Shelfbreak
red

Post by red »

kneeboarders like to pick up and assess each others boards the way dogs sniff under each others tails - it's in the genes!