PSAGH Gathering

Post your comments on current or past events, things we can improve on or just a summary of your views.

Moderator: Moderator

toofast
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by toofast »

But who`s up for trying my pickle nose ?? I`ll have it with me on sunday. Any one game ??
toofast

Post by toofast »

Sure we can talk about and yes, the idea is that has to do with lift. It does need a little bit of size and steepness to work. But is fun when it does.
Jeff Ommen

Post by Jeff Ommen »

8) Craig and I will be there even though we are two poor slobs who will be on the North Shore in 11 days :wink: ......
Jack Beresford
Legend (Contribution King!)

torrey

Post by Jack Beresford »

I'll be there early. I'll also try to drag my brother too - he loves surfing Torrey.
Jack Beresford
Greg Little
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by Greg Little »

I'll try to be there aswell. I might be hung though because I'm in a chili cook off contest. Or I will be stuck on the pot. You chili heads know how it burns twice. And Dave said to go 5 south and exit Carmel valley road turn left? If the exit has not been changed, there is construction going on you should turn RIGHT/WEST Dave please clarify if you can.
Greg...
Greg Little

Post by Greg Little »

I'll try to be there aswell. I might be hung though because I'm in a chili cook off contest. Or I will be stuck on the pot. You chili heads know how it burns twice. And Dave said to go 5 south and exit Carmel valley road turn left? If the exit has not been changed, there is construction going on you should turn RIGHT/WEST Dave please clarify if you can.
Greg...
matt cunningham

Torrey gathering

Post by matt cunningham »

Yo Boys

Our ski trip was canceled because of rain. Walter I will be there. Food afterwards?
I have a surf friend own the Tidewater in Solana Beach?

Matt
walt davidson

Post by walt davidson »

Hi Matt,

Glad you can make it - food at Tidewater in Solana Beach sounds great.
Does it get too crowded on a Sunday? This gathering is in your neck of
the woods, so I'll leave the after surf lunch spot choice up to you -
I don't have a clue what restaurants up there would be best for a bunch of wacky kneeboarders! THANKS!

And since you are up there every day - can you help Greg & others with the definitive way to get to Torrey Pines Beach from Highway 5 ? THANKS!!
See you there.

I will probably bring a camera (stills) so we can have photos of the gathering - CAN'T have a gathering without photos... So start thinking of
those big moves/maneuvers.

regards, walt.
matt cunningham

Directions

Post by matt cunningham »

Hi folks

Carmel Valley Road is still the best way to get there. Take Five south or north and go west on Carmel Valley Road. Procede to the coast and go south (left) on PCH also known as Camino Del Norte. If you get there early enough there is a a little bit of free parking south of the new bridge. That fills up quickly so three are alternatives. Paid parking is available north on the Bluffs (bring dollar bills for the machine) or both east and south in the Torrey Pines preserve parking lots (six bucks).

If people want to eat I'm going to call Sam, a friend of mine and arrange some special deal for the participants at the Tidewater.
Let me know with a PM if you want to eat so i can give him a number.

Matt Cunningham
DarcyM

Post by DarcyM »

A lot of rain down here today and surf conditions overall looked pretty sloppy and small. If I make it to the beach tomorrow, it might be just to take photos, rather than risk going out in marginal conditions and getting sick before my plane ride to HI ... It may clean up, but the rain hung around today a lot longer than previously predicted. High pressure was supposed to build for Sunday. Hope to see you all there if I make it down ...
dm

"Push the button, Max!"
toofast

Post by toofast »

Hey I surfed carlsbad today in the rain.....strommy and bigger then it looked.. I was out for 1 1/2 and had fun.. ...i`ll be in the water...
joe

Post by joe »

Did the drive by this morning. Raining, crap waves, brown water flowing out of the lagoon :x

Walt, maybe you should rename this thread "poor slobs without waves" :o
DarcyM

Post by DarcyM »

My luck with gatherings this year hasn't been good -- raining, choppy and small this morning, I bailed on it too Joe.

oh well, warm water awaits ...

dm
dm

"Push the button, Max!"
C.P.Odom

Post by C.P.Odom »

Sorry everyone,

Six of us met there early to be greeted by heinous conditions. We soon packed up and caravanned north, the farther north we went the better the conditions got. We finely settled in Oceanside just south of the pier. Fun surf was had by Jack, Walt, Jeff, Craig, Zeke and myself.

Curtis P Odom
southpeakbrad

Post by southpeakbrad »

Sounds like I just missed you guys. I instead headed south to Scripps but it was also lacking in surf :(
Next year let's just meet on the North Shore!