Heading down to Rosarito...

Post your comments on current or past events, things we can improve on or just a summary of your views.

Moderator: Moderator

SFKneelo

Heading down to Rosarito...

Post by SFKneelo »

Last weekend of April. It's my youngest bro-in-laws bachelor party. I'm the only surfer. Anyone interested in hooking up for surf 'n suds?

I'm planning on crossing the border on Friday muy temprano for a DP.
So far, it looks like I'll be leaving sometime Sunday.

Days are fairly open, nights will be spent with the b-party crew (oh... what a bummer!)

Cheers!
Jack Beresford
Legend (Contribution King!)

baja

Post by Jack Beresford »

Bob - what are the dates? Will you be up for DP on Saturday?

Jack
SFKneelo

Post by SFKneelo »

Cross border Friday 4/29. Hangover willing, DP Saturday works for me. Leave sometime Sunday 5/1 for Laguna, then back up Monday.

Rally! Grab Wino & company! I put word out to Chapman... wouldn't that be interesting...
Ler

???

Post by Ler »

Where you guys thinking about surfing?

Ler
DarcyM

I'd be up for it!

Post by DarcyM »

I'd be willing to have a go ...! Carpool?

... updated April 6 ...

Don't forget your passport ... in 2008 there will be a change for US Citizens crossing the border thanks to Homeland Security (they're so concerned, it will take them 3 years to figure out how to check passports at the border ... )

Americans Will Need Passports for Border Travel
Once Finalized, Rules Will Take Effect by 2008
By LARA JAKES JORDAN, AP

WASHINGTON (April 5) - Americans traveling to Canada and Mexico would need passports to come home to the United States under guidelines proposed Tuesday in the latest effort to deter terrorists from entering the country.

The new rules, which would be phased in by 2008, apply to Americans traveling from Canada, Mexico, Bermuda, the Caribbean and Panama. They also apply to citizens from those countries who want to enter the United States - prompting Canadian officials to announce that they might reciprocate.

The regulations mark a dramatic shift from a policy that allows Americans to return home from neighboring countries without a passport. They also raise the potential of hampering tourism and commercial traffic with the United States' two immediate neighbors.

think the terrorists will be able to forge passports in the next 3 years ... ?

:roll:
dm

"Push the button, Max!"
kidrock

Post by kidrock »

Hi Darcy,

you don't know how prophetic your questions are about passports and terrorists....

I've worked for U.S. Immigration on both Mexican and Canadian borders for about 11 years, and have seen enough to make most American citizens good-n-pissed. We've already seen evidence of stolen blank passports, daily apprehensions of dozens of forged passports, and even food and drink wrappers with Arabic writing left behind in the desert on the U.S./Mexico border. Stuff you'll never see in the media.... :oops:
SFKneelo

Post by SFKneelo »

Ler,
I'm staying at Las Rocas. Depending on swell, wind, etc, I'm game for La Fonda to Rosarito Beachbreaks, or points in-between.

When we get in the window, let's try and nail a time and place.

Looking forward to hooking up with y'all!
SFKneelo

Post by SFKneelo »

Almost forgot...
The newscast I watched about phasing in passports said it wouldn't begin until December, so we should be good for that weekend.
Jack Beresford

blowfish

Post by Jack Beresford »

Bob - a hangover never stopped you before! I guess we're all getting old.

I'm sure we'll rally the Blacks crew to come give you a hard time.

Jack
matt cunningham
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

rosarito

Post by matt cunningham »

Anybody want tyo go in and rent a place at gaviotas? Four bedrroms for 200$.

WE could accomodate up to eight guys.

Matt Cunningham
Jack Beresford

Bob

Post by Jack Beresford »

Bob,

Looks like a couple of us may rally on Saturday for a dawn patrol. Where should we meet? I see there's a small south coming.

Jack
SFKneelo

Post by SFKneelo »

Ironically, I find your post after just getting out of a meeting that sh&%-canned the whole weekend for me. I went from a sure-thing the beginning of last week to a wimpering plea for a miracle by this AM.

Instead of 24x7 relaxation, surf and festitivities, I will be enjoying the insides of an Operations Center. I will NOT be in a good mood.

I'm really sorry for canceling at the last minute. Please, please go! Take pix! It will be EPIC!

I'll be heading down at the end of July/early August, hopefully sooner. I'd like to get the clans together at some point around then.

Mr. Gove, many sorries as well. I was very much looking forward to hitting up some surf with you and the rest of the crew.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
surfhorn

Post by surfhorn »

Bummer, SFKneelo. Guess its time to chuck in the job and family and hit the professional KB circuit.

End of July into August I'll be on Catalina for a few weeks (off n' on). Can pop over for a get together somewhere along that coastline. MTBarrels & Ler-you going to put together something for Jetties this summer? A decent wave when there's a south pushing.
kbing since plywood days
Ler

GATHERING

Post by Ler »

Usally the Robertson Brothers put the Newport gathering on. I hear it's always killer. I went one year and had a blast. Pun intended.
hart

puns

Post by hart »

:lol:

not lost on me, mate

..all good

:D

OZ