Nor Cal Kneelo Gathering

Post your comments on current or past events, things we can improve on or just a summary of your views.

Moderator: Moderator

Willy Kelly
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Nor Cal Kneelo Gathering

Post by Willy Kelly »

The few kneelos that live in Nor Cal would like to open the Redwood Curtain and invite all kneelos to experience North Coast surf. The date is July 9-10 The loaction is not set and will depend on swell. Should be Sheltter Cove or Centerville Beach. Ther are hotels and camping available throughout the county. You can check it out on the net just search Humboldt County, camping and hotels in both Sheltter Cove and Centerville Campsite are a little rough (no showers) but thats what camping is about.

If you are interested bring your cold water suit 4/3 booties and maybe a hood. Hope to see you there.

Peace and good waves to all

Willy Kelly
Scott
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by Scott »

Great invite, Willy. If I get clearance from my doctor to surf again I would like to join you. I've had one winter trip to that area to hike in and surf "that" spot near Shelter Cove and I'd love to get back there again. Keep me posted.
SFKneelo

Post by SFKneelo »

Many thanks, Willy!

I have to see what I can do about that weekend. I have a professional exam that next Thursday that I'm grinding for right now. I'm taking Mon-Wed just to study... it may be a tough sell, but I'm sure the family would love to head up there.

Too many fires in the iron, but this one is hard to pass up!

If it doesn't work, I can definitely see a follow-up in early Fall.

Cheers!
ScottMac

Post by ScottMac »

Last edited by ScottMac on Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beeline2.0

Post by Beeline2.0 »

Last edited by Beeline2.0 on Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jon Manss

Post by Jon Manss »

Mr. Bee I am Scott's new agent and he is currently interviewing for the new Frankenstein movie. They are looking for realistic scars without a lot of make up, It is definately a low budget production. Scott's new face profiles well for the part.
If you would dive into 3 inches of water thinking it was 6 feet deep you get the idea of how severe the impact was. I have an eye witness, Pat Farley. He said he was driving on an angle right through the primary bowl and just kept heading down with the lip following, with force. He broke his fall with his face. Not recomended, but out of his control.
I think he would make more money with the WW Wrestling circuit but he doesn't listen to his agent much. Jon
surfhorn

Post by surfhorn »

Hey, Jon, just got back and I guess I miss the 411 on this. Did this happen on the table rock at your favorite break?
kbing since plywood days
Willy Kelly

Post by Willy Kelly »

If you're coming to Nor Cal and haven't decided on a location to stay let me suggest a central location to both Shelter Cove, Centerville and spots North. Fortuna is centrally located off the 101 with many hotels. There is also VanDuzn County Park (Swimmers Delight) located on Highway 36 East off of the 101 (toward Hydesville/Bridgeville) - first come, first served. There is also Grizzly Creek further East on the 36, if VanDuzen is full. PM me if you are interested in camping as I could probably save a site or let me know if any other info. is needed.

Peace and good waves,
Willy
ScottMac

Post by ScottMac »

Last edited by ScottMac on Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Willy Kelly

Post by Willy Kelly »

All right

then the Van Duzen it is I will Hook up Camp sites . Scooty good question I sorry to say no it is not the same place thats is a little south of here and Reggae on the river is in August let me know if you need tickets I will hook you up mon :lol:

SEE YOU ALL SOON

Willy
K-man

Post by K-man »

willy k.

As a bit of surfing history for that area:We had a surfing contest at the cove between 64-66,south end of the beach.a Left breaking reef?Been awhile,so don't remember the details.Anyone in the area have any memories?They're gonna be some pretty old guys....
Ya all have fun,beautiful coastline...one hell of a drive up the coast,and don't be hassling the sharks,they're protected ya know?

K
ScottMac

Norcal Gathering

Post by ScottMac »

Last edited by ScottMac on Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wino

Post by wino »

Scott, your post made my day.
You guys are stoked to have scored such a grand experience in one of the most scenic areas in the world.
I need to get on the road!!
Scott

Post by Scott »

Willy,

Scott MacDonald said it all very well. You hosted a really fun event, and the striking beauty of the whole area was a definite plus! I don't when the last time was that I camped out, but then ate exclusively wonderful meals in classic restaurants or at a cosy home (yours!) the whole time. None of that packaged oatmeal!

The surf really delivered, and the crowd was absolutely no factor. It was my time surfing again since my face injury. Thanks, Syd Temple, for the helmet I now wear. Definitely fun to get back into the water after a very dry four weeks.

A lot of you guys who can make the drive to the Eureka area should put it on your calendar for next year--I know I won't miss it!

I am working on a slightly longer video montage with more variety than the short vanity clip now on the the site (I produced the day after getting home). Hopefully, Don will also post it to KSUSA.

Next year!!

Hope to see many of you West Coast kneelos at the Big Sur Gathering in September.