surf dogs del mar jetties

Post your comments on current or past events, things we can improve on or just a summary of your views.

Moderator: Moderator

kneecaps
Local (More than 25 post)

salt creek

Post by kneecaps »

I encountered a whole bunch of butthole surfers at salt creek's left point break... Seemed every time I dropped in some "girl" (stand-up) would look over at me and drop in regardless. So I drifted up to the beach-break section with all the rafties... that was pretty good though.
Beeline2.0
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by Beeline2.0 »

Last edited by Beeline2.0 on Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greg Little
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by Greg Little »

Hey beeline, I'm sorry to here that.
Next time you get on the out side of her/him, and then FADE them HARD!! and if they give you any flack, tell them to F#*K OFF! turn about is fair play. Then do it again just for fun.
I'm sick of the kids with NO respect.
Greg...
toofast3

Post by toofast3 »

Well here`s my "girl" story... I was out at a place called Grand View with 2 of my KB buddies yrs and yrs ago. There was a girl out and she was doing pretty good for herself. My buddies and I noticed that she was dropping in on everyone, including us. After a couple of times of saying something to her, fairly politely, she didn`t stop droping on us. So we said screw this and and set her up. All 3 of us dropped in on her. We didn`t collide with her. but 2 of US did and it was worth it. After all 4 of us poped up, one of my buddies said to her, it`s just not cool to drop in on someone and we paddled away. After that, she stop dropping in everyone. She got out of the water about a half hr later and the next thing we knew, all the stand-ups were thanking us.

JM... I don`t surf the point much for the same reason. I usually surf middles. Chadsdad and I will be there sunday early mornning.

Beeline... If you show up, I won`t charge you the KBing lessons
C.P.Odom

Post by C.P.Odom »

The swell is in! I surfed Tamarack this evening (Friday), real fun, head high plus. Second hand info was that the Harbor was a couple of feet bigger. I will be at DMJ's for my second session on Sunday (I really have a beach party to go to there).

Never Leave Well Enough Alone
Beeline2.0

Post by Beeline2.0 »

Beeline2.0

Post by Beeline2.0 »

C.P.Odom

Post by C.P.Odom »

Beeline,

So much for the best laid plans, Saturday was heinous down here. by evening it had cleaned up quite a bit and gave us hope for the next morning.

Sunday morning was very much improved and quite allot of fun. We had overhead sets from the West and North.

The only problem was that many people were beyond their limits and quite dangerous. One longboarder outside of me panicked when a set broke in front of him and pulled his leash off and dove, o well no one got hurt.
Dave Lindsey

Post by Dave Lindsey »

Hi Curtis, did you go out at all on Saturday? I checked out Tammarack and I thought I saw a pair of fins paddlin' around. Sunday was incredible at the Harbor. I'm nursing a cracked rib back to health (longboard inncident), so I couldn't enjoy. Is anything happening on the 15th in Oceanside?
"Plugs"
kneecaps

Post by kneecaps »

:evil: I missed it...

Still looks like it's holding up on the webcams. I'm going north of the HB pier about 200 yards (that next section up) this eve 6 or so. Hope to catch the tail end of it.
C.P.Odom

Post by C.P.Odom »

Dave,

No I did not surf on Saturday; Chadsdad and I met at Tam but soon bailed. There were several Bodyboarders out in the early AM.

Zeke met me there on Sunday after checking the Harbor; he said that Tam was as big but much cleaner while the harbor looked faster.

If the wind stays down I will try it again this evening.