Santa Cruz Gathering (short notice!)

Post your comments on current or past events, things we can improve on or just a summary of your views.

Moderator: Moderator

Craig
Ripper (more than 100 posts)
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Gathering

Post by Craig »

I'll be in the Sata Cruz area the weekend of the 9th & 10th of August. (Bolder Creek) for a Mother in law visit..... It would be great if I could hook up a session.

P.S. Don, thank you for setting up this web site! :D
Don
Admin

SC update...

Post by Don »

Well, the morning low 0.0 at 6am killed any surf between SF and SC. Bob Schiff and I hunted the reefs and found one about 10:00 out of town in the chest high zone with very glassy workable waves, but a bit infrequent. As the tide filled in the peaks ran together providing opportunity for some good turns. With only 2 other guys out it wasn't a bad session at all... (just a long drive ;-) )

Good news is the meeting with John Mel and Dan Young was another huge stride toward a VERY fun and exciting event for the November Contest/Gathering.

Anyone interested in the history of california kneeboarding, local influences on our sport, an abundance of classic point waves, heaps of product donations, music, food, a very cool town CAN'T MISS THIS EVENT!

Basically, we have a great venue during a great month with a lot of heart and soul.
Don Harris
SFKneelo

Post by SFKneelo »

Don and I poked and prodded around breaks North of town early AM, but the low tide was killing it. We ended up meeting Surfhorn and John Mel at a PP diner. Surfhorn checked Manresa, and it also was pretty weak.
On the way back up, with a bit more tide, Don and I surfed between Greyhound Rock and Waddell (Waddell Reef...) So, Scott, you were right. It (along with Davenport) was the best we saw. There were great conditions, nice but infrequent waist to shoulder high peaks, and a light crowd.
Great to meet Surfhorn, and see John Mel again! Looking forward to November! (of course, I've been saying that for the last four months or so...)
SFKneelo

Post by SFKneelo »

Oops. I need to read ALL the posts.
Grandmaster Don beat me to the punch... again!