WINDANSEA KNEELO'S, SUNSHINE COAST, AUSTRALIA.

Post your comments on current or past events, things we can improve on or just a summary of your views.

Moderator: Moderator

MEAT
Local (More than 25 post)

WINDANSEA KNEELO'S, SUNSHINE COAST, AUSTRALIA.

Post by MEAT »

Hi world,
Just a note to all members, wives,partners and "hangers on."We are having a gathering (group free surf) this coming Sunday 30/12 meeting at Anne St reef break at 7am and moving to a location based on the days weather conditions.Following the gathering which is planned to run for a couple of hrs, we'll head off for a bit of the old bacon and eggs (gents breakfast...well sort of...without the strippers etc) at MEAT MANOR where copious ammounts of orange juice/amber fluid will be drank...ho hum!
Any queries about the day give me a ring on (07) 5493 6281 or (m)0415610238.

Goings on: Congratulations to Scott (Wanderer) Berry who didn't waste any time on getting into the surf and trying out his new Flashpoint quiver....gosh! The boards look nice.For only his third surf on his new all round board(at Wurtulla),he blitzed it. Pulling into some good barrells and just plain ripping the waves to bits.Mr Hart's made yet another kber a happy man.I'm looking forward to seeing Scotty hook some big stuff on his gun...should be real good. Incidently, Scott's leading our pointscore at the moment,so look out guy's he's gunna get even better....oooooh!
A quick reminder our second last pointscore for the year is coming up on Sunday week (6/11).Meet at the usual place which is Anne St reef break,Curramundi at 6:30am.
This pointscore is the last chance to get some contest practise in for the guys heading to Phillip Island Pro Am,which should make for an interesting day.
Anyway gotta go (dinners on the table),
Hoo roo ,
Meat.
MEAT

Post by MEAT »

Hi all,
A big thankyou to all the guys and ladies that attended our gathering and breakfast today (Sunday,30/10).The day was a total success with good surf in pristine spring weather...awesome.The breaky was pretty good too.
An extra big thanks to my partner Margaret who set the breakfast up and pretty much did all the hard yards making sure everyone was happy.
We had some good hollow 4ft sets coming thru with deep barrels making things interesting and sometimes suicidal.Peter (Carpet Burn) Haley kissed and ate sand several times but in saying that he also made some sensational pits that had us hooting (how did you get the carpet burn Pete).Scott (The Wanderer) Berry is another guy that got slotted into some good barrels and did some memorable off the lips on his new Flashpoint.Anthony(Shelfbreak) De Fries is getting better and better on his board as well. Anthony has a custom Blast arriving from Hawaii anytime now, which should be interesting.Riq de Carvalho hooked heaps of deep barrels also.....interesting sounds/squeels are made by Riq when he gets pitted, reminiscent of Bruce Lee....hmmmmm! As usual, Nick (The Bear) Culbert was, between sets, paddling around taking the piss out of one of us which more often than not sent us into hysterics.So in saying that, once we got back to Meat Manor it virtually became a free for all in stirring ....there was no way a serious conversation could last long...typical kneeboarders eh!
Anyway, one last thing, we have our second last pointscore for the year next Sunday (6/11) 6:30am at Anne St reef break...Curramundi.I look forward to seeing everyone there for another great day.New members are most welcome. For any enquiries I (Steve(Meat) Thomas) can be contacted on (h)07.5493 6281 or (m) 0415610238.
Bye for now,
Hoo Roo,
Meat
MEAT

Post by MEAT »

Windansea had our monthly pointscore contest yesterday (Sunday 6/11)We decided to have the contest at "S" bends Kawana where the conditions were 3 to 4 ft clean waves with an offshore wind which swung Nthly later in the morning.Included for this pointscore is the annual Champion of Champions day.The pointscore is worth double points to the winner and he also walks away with a trophy.Congratulations must go to a gutsy Peter Haley who surfed hard and in a great deal of pain to win the pointscore and also the treasured trophy.Pete has earned the nickname of "Fester".Reason being that he has a really bad ulcerated knee and worse still, he had a fight with a sander (the sander won) on Friday at work and has taken off heaps of skin around the navel area...yyyyyyyyyyyuk! Looks bad and heaps sore.
Oh dear Pete more carpet burn eh!....hmmmmmmm.Needless to say we've been taking the piss out of him all the weekend.Anyway onya "Fester" well done.Second for the day was the ever consistent Scott (The Wanderer) Berry who is powering on his new Flashpoint. A really well deserved third was Anthony (Shelfbreak) De Fries.Fourth was the very competitive Nick (Hollywood) Culbert.The Final was very close and hard faught well done fella's.To the rest of the crew many thanks for attending in particular Eric Viil who made the trip up from South Brisbane and I might add surfed well.Good to see you mate.
I look forward to seeing all the guys again next month (Sunday,11/12) for the last pointscore for the year and to see who will be crowned overall points winner plus the placegetters.The club Xmas party will follow immediately after the last final of the day.
Again, to all who attended, thanks for making yesterday another top day.
Catchya's all next month.
Hoo roo,
Meat.
wurtulla kneelo
Grom (25 or less posts to site)

Post by wurtulla kneelo »

and i waz just gettin uuuuuused to carpet burn , now fester (insn't there copy right on that)what can i say meat bes.t club comp yet more faces more commitment yea we're gettin there . do'snt(grammmer)it make it worthwile.
its been a long hard road . but with out your help it WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN
thanks mate. maythe future hold great things kneeboarding in Qd(awf@ck dida jamie)QLD onya mate
KEEP THE FAITH
you can waste life by drawing lines in the sand
or you can live life by crossing them
MEAT

Post by MEAT »

Hello planet earth,
Firstly,better late than never.Happy new year to all the Kneelo fraternity through out the world.Lets hope that it's a better year Worldwise, this year compared to '05.

All Sunshine Kneeboarders are invited to attend a gathering this coming Sunday 8/1/06 (ooh that's scary.....2006... I gotta get used to that)at 8am. Meet at "S" Bends (the boardwalk) Pt Cartwright Drive,Kawana Beach.We may not neccessarily surf at "S" bends as it depends on the conditions on the day.To which then we'll obviously decide on a better location.Bring some snags or the like along for a BBQ.There will be plenty to discuss ref Windasea Boardriders Club news plus upcomming contest news. Wives,partners,girlfriends,kids and hangers on are more than welcome.
Any queries please ring Steve (Meat) Thomas on (M)0415610238 or (h)54936281.

Please note that this gathering is NOT a club event. It is purely a social/communication get together for all kneeboarders and in reality, to scare/horrify/depress the living heck out any footboarders, at where ever beach we end up surfing.Oh yeah! We'll have a bit of fun as well...sorry, I nearly forgot that bit.

Hoo Roo,
Meat
Shelfbreak
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by Shelfbreak »

I'll be there Steve. I just reviewed the Bureau's forecast (hot here today):

A weak trough is expected to remain over the south until late Friday. A low is expected to develop offshore of the Gold Coast during the early part of Saturday and produce strong SE winds with squally showers extending further northwards along the coast, reaching Fraser Island later Saturday morning.

At least we should have some waves although given its orientation S-bends is likely to be messy. Still we are mobile (if not upwardly).

I'll bring the Blast F2K along for anyone interested to try.
Shelfbreak
MEAT

Post by MEAT »

Yeah, thanks for the post Anthony.I'll see if Lowrider can bring a few old boards from the past along. I'm sure the guys would be into giving your new Blast a test run.It looks as though we'll head towards Anne St going by what the forecast is.Anyway we'll see.
I'll look forward to seeing you then if not beforehand.
Hoo Roo,
Meat
wurtulla kneelo

i got the sausages, you got thebeer. lets hope an pray the waves come here.
c'on allyou sunny coast kneelos this gathering is very very important to you &
us. the future of our sport is in your hands . nosupport. no sport. no fun in the sun. that sucks the big one. C'ON guys get ya s*&^ together the future is ours for the taking. united we kneel, divided we die

WE USED TO BE . why arn't we now the largest group of kneelo's in oz?????
I KNOW YOUR STILL ALL AROUND BECAUSE i see you ALL in my travels and were ever i surf.

thanx meat , for your hard work and effort. without you we have nothing.
wurtulla kneelo

:D fingers crossed we might get to pisss the l,boarders of at moff's
here's hoping. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: would be nice huh?? payback for the last four months of NO SWELL. :roll:
MEAT

Post by MEAT »

A big thanks to all the Sunshine Coast kbers that turned up and supported our gathering today 8/12 at "S" Bends at Kawana.It proved to be a huge success.The surf lifted overnight to produce good solid 4 to 5 ft sets. Many of the waves were full on Kamikazi closeouts to which some of the guys decided to pull maniac floaters etc with "Kodak moments" results.Scott "Wanderer" Berry brought along a camera hopefully capturing some graphic moves and smashes.By the way, Scotty pulled off a huge 360 on a "Ballsy" big wave that you wouldn't really do that sort of move on and made it...onya dude...You earned the "big gonad" award of the day for that one. The after surf BBQ went down well as with all kbers, it always will (part of the culture).It was good to see the crew from Noosa come down and also Craig "Splashy" Ashdown to come up from Brisbane and wack a few heavy waves.Oh yeah, thanks Andy "Lowrider" Mc Kellar for bringing one of your topical boards down it got a few mouths talking and Anthony "Shelbreak" De Fries for the best Prawns in the world they were delicious.
One of the fellas suggested that we have a gathering every four months which is cool. So I reckon the next one will be up Noosa way.Stay tuned for that one.
Ok, I gotta go.Again, thanks one and all for the support and for a good day.
Catchyas soon.
Hoo Roo,
Meat.
Shelfbreak

Post by Shelfbreak »

Good turnout, nice to see kneelos outnumbering the standups and boogie board riders. Thankfully the waves had a bit of oomph at least the closeouts I foxed people out of did. Thanks Andy (Lowrider) for a go on your fish - it was intriuging.
Shelfbreak
lowrider

Post by lowrider »

No worries Anthony... but I did have to avert my eyes while you were pulling the big reo on that closeout left... :D
I look forward to trying your Blast one day.

Some outstanding performances considering the conditions and age of participants. 8)

Goodonya, Steve for setting it all up; It'll be good to see you guys up the North-end here, so that we can show you what some real banks look like!
MEAT

Post by MEAT »

Hi Andy,
Yeah! Once we get February :) out of the way we'll come visit you guys and scare the living heck out of your local footboard mob.If yesterdays turnout was a good indicator we'll have a formidable "kneelo army" heading your way.Again mate, thanks for your,Gavin and Ric's support.You blokes really helped in making the day a success.
Catchya soon.
Hoo roo,
Meat.
MEAT

Post by MEAT »

Hi all,
The first reminder for '06.
Windansea Boardriders Club first monthly meeting of the year is on this coming Wednesday night...1/2/06.Starting at 6:30 pm at the Caloundra Sailing Club Boatshed. I should also remind all current members that the annual joining fee is due at the meeting which is $35. With club t/shirt $45.
The first pointscore of the year is this coming Sunday 5/2/06.Meet at Anne Street reef break,Curramundi,at 6:30AM. Due to reccomendations from Surfing QLD regarding insurance you must now pay your club membership fee up front prior to the pointscore. Basically no pay no surf...no exceptions. This was agreed upon by all attending members (approx 45 attended) at the last club meeting of '05. At the end of the pointscore comp this weekend will be the annual presentation of trophies for pointscore finalists for '05. So be prepared for a bit of amber refreshment...mmmmmmm....yummy!
So, guys who attended last years pointscores, show up and you may get some goodies ie a trophy or two.
Remember new members are most welcome and always needed.
For further enquiries please ring Steve (Meat) Thomas on (h)07 5493 6281 (after 6pm) or (m)0415610238.
Thats it for now,
Stay well and stay happy,
Hoo roo,
Uncle Meat.