Proposed Winter Gatherings for Southern Cal 2005-2006

Post your comments on current or past events, things we can improve on or just a summary of your views.

Moderator: Moderator

Beeline2.0
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by Beeline2.0 »

Last edited by Beeline2.0 on Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
jadams3
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by jadams3 »

Exit the 5 FWY at Christianitos Rd and park in the lot next to the Carl's Jr. on the East side of the FWY.........don't park in the Carl's lot or you could get towed......

walk back across the FWY bridge and walk down the paved path past the new military housing project, you can't miss the path and it parallels the FWY, veer right at the first branch of the path and head for the beach......at the beach, Uppers will be on your left as you head on to the beach......Cotton's is on your right and the peaks in between have numerous names: In-Between's, Barbed Wires, etc......

..........I would imagine that KB'ers coming to the gathering will surf the peak of their choice......

I like the peaks just north of Uppers' main bowl......you can pick off the rights at the bowl or grab lefts as well.......dependent on swell direction of course.......it's all fun.......if you've never surfed here---enjoy the rock dance at low tide .....not a big deal with fins though 8)
Aloha.......JA
ShaunMurphy
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by ShaunMurphy »

Is there gonna be a SD gathering next month at torrey pines?
cus if there is we should watch for swells and hit it at the peak
cus ....lets just say it would be fun !
get some good shots at trustles too
i wanta see some AirS !
KAVA

Post by KAVA »

i love trestles :lol: .... in the summertime 8)
"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air… "
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
6'1", dean cleary tri, 6'0 Flashpoint tri, 5'9 chuck dent (epoxy quad), 9' velzy (single fin triple stringer)
toofast3

Post by toofast3 »

Well trestles sucked. There were 3 of us there early and when we were talking, we saw 3 guys come back up (stand-ups). All 3 said it wasn`t worth going out. We hung out for a bit, waiting on some of the other guys to show. 3 more KBers showed up and we decided to bail. Surfed O`side on the way home.Few feet and hardcore offshore. Fun but nothing to brag about..... But there is always next yr.......
joe

Post by joe »

Drove 100 miles to end up at a break that's about 5 miles from home. Surf the rock with Rick and the groms. A few fun 2-3 footers. Sam pulled off the barrel of the day.
Kurtscsurf
Grom (25 or less posts to site)
Grom (25 or less posts to site)

TRESTLES

Post by Kurtscsurf »

Sorry I missed it - Not :!: :wink: Let's get together next week @ the Harbor.
Get down on your knees and repent if you please!
rick carne

Post by rick carne »

Bail the Harbor guy's, let's repopulate the reefs!..ie hospitals or horseshoes! just like the olden day's...weehaaaaa! barrels o fun!
skansand

lkgw

Post by skansand »

Fun waves at trestles today....definietly want to hit horseshoes....sounds pretty heavy....
Tide is the master, tide can be a disaster...-Dub side of the Moon
SFKneelo

Post by SFKneelo »

Kava... 3:22AM post???

You ANIMAL!

Skansand... did you borrow a board from John?
Tom Linn

Post by Tom Linn »

Myself and six other kneelos surfed Trestles today. Waves were small and the water was super cold. Good news was that we were the only guys out on the main Uppers peak.

I showed with four super stoked groms who thought the waves rocked. To hear them tell it, the waves were 4-6 barrels. But I suppose they may have looked like that if you only weight 80 pounds. The groms surfed twice, bragged about getting shacked and ripping lippers (in their dreams). The kids stoke made the day worth it despite the micro waves and freezing water. My son has now recruited three neighborhood friends into the "kneelo cult". Apparently, he has a few more that are interested as well. We might just have the makings of an underground resurgence!
skansand

again

Post by skansand »

yeah i borrowed a 5'7" Ballistar quad from john..had an absolute blast on it....My first experience with a modern kneeboard..cant wait to get it in some good waves.....saw one of the little guys on the red board hit a lip....jealous...he can surf more vertically then i can..i saw some of the other kids get some fun looking rides as well...how cool would that be to have this whole future generation of kneelos that grew up together and surfed together as youths and maybe even compete against eachother!!!!
Tide is the master, tide can be a disaster...-Dub side of the Moon
kneelingBROTHA

Post by kneelingBROTHA »

my mouth is watering with these tales. I can't wait until mark has the time to send me that kneeboard...just thinking about going vertical and popping airs on a kneeboard gets me going...yeeeaaah!
dropkneeing is a sin...isn't it?