fish tales

Post your comments on current or past events, things we can improve on or just a summary of your views.

Moderator: Moderator

waka
Legend (Contribution King!)

fish tales

Post by waka »

The other morning (friday ) we had the weirdest expeirence in the surf.
Paddled out at the Farm with Curtis and Gareth about 630am, and began surfing in the alley as always when the largest school of baitfish came directly towards us, nothing unusal you would say apart from the school of yellow fin tuna that were cutting them up...mate it was bulLshit, i have NEVER seen anything like it .The tuna were cutting up the baitfish so bad that it was like the water was explodeing..it was if half bricks were been thrown at the water. You would take off on waves and the water was boiling underneath, and duck diveing was a new expeirence :shock:
We left after 2 hr's and they were still there, with Curtis going back a hour later, and they were still chopping the water. Wish i had a water camera, the silhouettes in the waves were full of tuna well over 2feet long.
Sparrow reported similar happenings at Mystics in the arvo, Slats reported a huge school of sambo's turning the whole corner of Cave's beach black with there presence.Very Spooky :shock:
Here sharky, sharky, sharky
:lol:
Just call me 'Poppy'
Wandandian Devil
halbs
Ripper (more than 100 posts)
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Tuna fishing...

Post by halbs »

At about the same time that you were surfing with Tuna, Waka, I was desperately trying to catch them in a mates boat about 20kms off of the South oz far west coast!! It was a first for me and to see them for the first time jumping about 5/6 foot out of the water smashing the baitfish was awesome, we only landed one and my dodgey knot tieing came into question when I lost the lure on a bullet of a fish. It was a great day to be out in the boat as it was dead flat and 47degrees on the land, fairly warm driving home for an hour towing a two tonne boat with the air con. off the beer tasted special.Cheers Grant ps Waka are you going to WA for a holiday or full time, we are there on our way to the nor west for 4 months mid April we could compare Flashpoints with my new 6'5" just itching!!
getting there is often as good as getting there
waka

Post by waka »

Moving there to live halbs, so pick me up on the way thru :D
Was thinking of heading up north about the same time, i have a brother who lives at Exmouth, so somewhere to sleep isn't going to be a problem.
Keep in touch :)
Are you bringing Pinebox with you? :P
Just call me 'Poppy'
Wandandian Devil