East Coast Gathering?

Post your comments on current or past events, things we can improve on or just a summary of your views.

Moderator: Moderator

Stephen Michael
Local (More than 25 post)

East Coast Gathering....

Post by Stephen Michael »

Yes all, I am still here. I would be interested in a gathering but REALLY do not like cold water.Sorry crew, I have been surfing some really good waves in nicagargua over the past 2 years and warm water is my favorite. I am headed to Pavones, CR for 10 days at the end of April/first part of May.
My vote is for the fall,late August, or September. We caught incrediable waves there during that time and the water is comfortable. Keep me in the loop.
PS...
I would be happy to host another kneelo crew to Nicaragua if there are any takers.[/img]
Stephen
chasinglefts

Post by chasinglefts »

You could talk me into going to Nicaragua. What's the ballpark price on that one?

We should definitely have a hurricane season gathering as well, but it's been too long since i've had any good water time, so the cold water doesn't bother me at all.
Stephen Michael

It really depends on where you would be coming from. The place we stay at includes a boat with captain and all meals and transfers to and from the airport.Price runs around 1K.Airfare is not included. We fly out of Miami for under 400.00.
Stephen
chasinglefts

Post by chasinglefts »

I would be flying out of Dulles or National in DC, which means my plane tix would be at least double what you pay. i'm going to check about that. i might be interested
chasinglefts

Post by chasinglefts »

What's everyone's schedule for next weekend?

it's 70 in DC today and they are calling for snow next weekend, so either the weatherman will be completely wrong and it will be 70 again, or he'll be right and we should have some surf from the storm. Either way, i'm due for some time away.
Chris Buscemi
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

No Dice

Post by Chris Buscemi »

Next weekend is the only weekend I'm busy. I'm meeting my brothers in Raleigh, NC.

Chris Buscemi
If I say its safe to surf this beach Captain, then its safe to surf this beach. I mean I'm not afraid to surf this place, I'll surf this whole f@cking place!
gogglefog

Post by gogglefog »

be glad to go out this coming weekend. well, i'll be there anytime there are quality waves. the chance to surf with another kneelo, i'll be there even in total slop. if anyone wants to surf in north carolina give me a call at 252-548-0099.
john
Mike Fernandez
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by Mike Fernandez »

HI you guys! I would come out for a gathering. I live in PA. and surf MD, NJ. DE. OB is about a 9 hr. drive. Just give me a date a few weeks in advance so I can get off work. :D
I am a traveller of both time and space, a weaver in and out of dreams, I see worlds seldom seen.

www.michaelfernandezphoto.com
Rocky Point/Black Rock
http://www.youtube.com/user/kneelocoveproduction
Eric Carson

Post by Eric Carson »

Yawn. You guys have yaked up 3 pages without nailing down a date. The water in Nags Head is currently 48 degrees. I predict this gathering won't happen until the water warms up to the uper 50's.
Prove me wrong 5 mil boyz!!
Mike Fernandez

Post by Mike Fernandez »

:lol: :lol: :lol: You are right Eric, soo funny. I have a Psycho 6-4, I am up for anything!
I am a traveller of both time and space, a weaver in and out of dreams, I see worlds seldom seen.

www.michaelfernandezphoto.com
Rocky Point/Black Rock
http://www.youtube.com/user/kneelocoveproduction
chasinglefts

Post by chasinglefts »

april fools weekend? friday the 31-april 2.
anyone with the weekend off should get together in nags head and go south. if anyone else can go i might take friday off and go down thursday afternoon.

Carson's right, and we shouldn't let him be right.
Stephen Michael

Love the Hurricane Swell.....

Keep me in the loop for the late summer , early fall.
Stephen
gogglefog

Post by gogglefog »

tomorrow, tuesday and wednesday are looking like great days to have a gathering. the surf is building today but it has bad winds (not all that uncommon for here).
anyway the winds are forecasts to get better with them going straight offshore on wednesday.
i'll should be in the water by 2 in the afternoon all three days.
if anyone wants to hook up give me a ring 252-548-0099.
later, john
sorry for the short notice but we all know how fickle the east coast is.
Man O' War

Post by Man O' War »

Eric, it's the same deal down our way. I say you and I have a gathering on Tuesday!
chasinglefts

Post by chasinglefts »

I just got back from Assateague Island. Solid 4-6+, good winds, freezing f-ing cold. First wave I got pounded, second wave i waited 30 minutes for. Pulled into a 6' right, fairly deep barrel, and it stays open for me to get spit out. I don't think i could have been any deeper . Caught 2 more waves, both closeout barrels, much deeper than the first, but no light at the end of the tunnel. After an hour in the water I was spent.
Surfed again this morning but it was smaller and the tide was wrong for the sandbars, but still fun.