SEAL BEACH

Post your comments on current or past events, things we can improve on or just a summary of your views.

Moderator: Moderator

skansand
Legend (Contribution King!)

SEAL BEACH

Post by skansand »

anyone wanna paddle out at seal this weekend???? sunday looks like 8-10' right now on wetsand....ill be paddling out pretty early....most likely on the soulth side but if its too high of a tide nor side should be the ticket....
Tide is the master, tide can be a disaster...-Dub side of the Moon
Beeline2.0

Post by Beeline2.0 »

Last edited by Beeline2.0 on Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
skansand

wetsand.com

Post by skansand »

looking at the charts it shows sets reaching above 8' on wetsand....and since only a total kook says 8-9 feet ...i figured id wing it and say 8-10'.....seal will probably have 10' sets as it is a wedge and is usually bigger than most spots in the area.....you should come bee....whoever doesnt feel like risking riding soulth side theres north side which is mostly people who dont know what they're doing so it makes for an easy hustle....seriously though if the tide gets medium-low....itl go off and theres no current to struggle with thanks to jettys on both sides....
Ler

s.b.s.s.

Post by Ler »

Seal Beach Southside is the best wave in the world, when it's working right. Which aint to often.

Ler
Jimputz
Ripper (more than 100 posts)
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by Jimputz »

Doesn't Seal require more of a Westy rather than a steep North-Westy to be phenomenal :?:
I'm asking because I don't know that much about Seal. I just remember how the south side was going OFF around Christmas time. I've never seen such a huge field of "A-frames" before! :shock:
skansand

west

Post by skansand »

well Large wedsday was really west but the peaks wernt as good as it was on monday while it still had lots of north to it...in the past 2 years it has turned from a more fickle spot to consistently PERFECT....im not even kidding...i paddled out at seal probably 30+ times this winter and it rarely lets me down......anything overhead+ and a low-medium tide and its just phenominal....when the soulth side pier is working you can catch a wave from the pilons to-past 13th wedge.....almost to PEAK OF DEATH,which also provides so long,shallow lefts.......it caught all of those really steep north-west swells we had early this year so i dont think its verry picky on swell angle.....if theres a really strong SW swell Seal can be just like it is in the winter just a bit smaller then hb or newport will be....ive heard that it likes the long interval swells better but when we had that last 13 second swell last weekend my friends said it was perfect 10' faces.. so thats what i know. .... whoever has the surfline book should post what it says.....sean collins obviously knew it was the spot to hit on large wedsday as he was towing in on the outside........
skansand

arggggggggg

Post by skansand »

noooooooo......the forcast has significantly dropped.....wetsand does this alot....if it improves..ss might have a chance ...otherwise ill surf the softies on ns....
KAVA

Post by KAVA »

large wedsday
LOL YOUR SO ANTI....

AND HERE ALL ALONG ALL I HEARD IT CALLED WAS THE SAME AS THE MOVIE "BIG WEDNESDAY" LOL
"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air… "
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
6'1", dean cleary tri, 6'0 Flashpoint tri, 5'9 chuck dent (epoxy quad), 9' velzy (single fin triple stringer)
skansand

largeness

Post by skansand »

well surfline and surfermag both called it "large wedsday" so i just conformed.....no matter......we speak of the same day....
skansand

tomorrow

Post by skansand »

tommorow looks nice.....im going