sunshine coast windansea kneeboarders

Post your comments on current or past events, things we can improve on or just a summary of your views.

Moderator: Moderator

Shelfbreak
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by Shelfbreak »

Thank you Craig for adding to the nice Saturday waves tales. Main Beach on Straddy is a swell magnet. I was otherwise occupied but I understand Wurtulla was smallish but good on Saturday. Surf for the Sunday gathering was a bit average (light southerly and low tide) but surfable and we had seven out at Marcus Beach.

Had a good time and Riq hosted a BBQ afterwards. Tooks some collective photos of the boards which I think Steve plans to post.
Shelfbreak
MEAT
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by MEAT »

Hi all,
Many thanks to all the guys who went to our Nth Shore gathering.It was great to catch with the "northern" fella's again. Special thanks to Riq de Kneelo for lending us his houcienda for the bbq brunch...yummy! I don't think Riq's backyard has seen so many kneeboards laying in it.Which naturally created conversation over the bbq eats.Also thanks to my wife Margaret for helping prep the food for the bbq.Unfortunately as Shelfy has said the surf was disappointing. But, no matter,we went out got wet, fluked a few good little sloppy waves and the main thing...had fun.I'll try and get the photo's posted on this thread later in the week.Work commitments will hold me back until then.
Anyway, again thanks to all for attending.We'll certainly go north again within the next month or two and next time we'll pull some good swell.
Regards to the world.
Hoo roo,
Meat.
splashy

Post by splashy »

Hi Guys

Any surf up there? Anything happening?

Need to get waves to drown work monkeys!!! :roll: :?
One crowded hour of glorious life is worth an age without a name - so stay tubed!
Shelfbreak

Post by Shelfbreak »

Hi Splashy

Swellnet got it right, we got a kick in swell overnight decent 3ft out of the east. Got some nice waves out at the reef around lunch time plus a few beltings (wind stayed light). Should be some waves this weekend.
Shelfbreak