Victorian Masters (Australia)

Post your comments on current or past events, things we can improve on or just a summary of your views.

Moderator: Moderator

red
Legend (Contribution King!)

Victorian Masters (Australia)

Post by red »

The Vic Masters is on next weekend (May 6,7) at Bells (but will probably end up at Jan Juc). This is the only Surfing Victoria event that has a kneeboard division. Surfing Vic has been trying to downgrade kneeboardng for years - show them they are making a mistake.

A number of us are making the trip from the east coast. Neil Owen, Stan Kofoed and I will definitely be there. Dean Bold (one of the best kneeboarders in Australia) is likely to make a rare contest appearance, and James Anderson will also probably front up. Be good to see Irish and Chemical, Pete Fairweather and some of the other lads there too.

Spread the word down the west coast and enter (by friday 26th April!) or drop by on the weekend for a surf and natter. Good chance to see lots of different boards (Flashies, Quorras, Lukey's Island boards, Pommie's wierdos, my conventionals, Boldie's homemades) and put a face to the avatars.
john -

Post by john - »

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed

talk about a last minute entry heads up

wednesday was the 26th so Im thinking that its friday the 28th

TODAY!

ITS 1PM

WHERE DOES ONE FIND OUT ABOUT ENTRY REQUIREMENTS :?:

I will ring strapper and ask there but im thinking its too late...no matter I will be there to check things out

What a pity this could not have found its way onto ksusa sooner

cheers
john -

Post by john - »

then after a moments thought :roll:

its a standup comp with a kneelo session.....?

with a bit of luck the non comp kneelos will find each other

keep posting info if you get some

cheers
red

Post by red »

apologies about the late head's up. I got distracted yesterday when my grapevine alerted me to the event. anyway look forward to seeing you guys next weekend.
finger
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by finger »

hi RED

To late for me to enter :cry: :cry: but would like to be there :lol:
will the kneelo heats be on the sunday :?:
CHEERS

gary
red

Post by red »

Hi Gary
Will let you know when the schedule is posted.

If we can get Anthony, Mark Foxman and a couple of others down there we'll have quite a crew
john -

Post by john - »

surf report looks great for this weekend

size could keep contest at Bells...maybe too much for Jan Juc beachies

hope we can arrange a gatheing point for non comp and comp kneelos

the mrs has given me one full day off this weekend

:D
splashy

Post by splashy »

Any results? What happened?

They've dropped kneelos from the Masters up here in Qld, but we're looking at getting a crew together and lobbying to get us reinstated.... where are the nationals next year? Anyone know?
One crowded hour of glorious life is worth an age without a name - so stay tubed!
red

Post by red »

This year Bells, last year NSW, year before SA, so Qld must be up for it soon.
See if they'll let you in as wild cards this year. I know we couldn't send any guys last year so anyone who could make it could have gone.

Mic Destasio won it (on one of his own twin fins) from Stan Koeford and Neil Owen third in 2' Bells. I could have sat on the beach and got a less frustrated 4th. Goes to prove you can't sit behind a computer for a month and then expect to do a contest.

The sat was pumping Bells with solid 8' sets. Worth the entry fee to get it with 3 other guys out. Most of the guys ended up over gunned, but. Seems like Bells doesn't need much board even when it's big.
splashy

Post by splashy »

Sweet - well done to all.

That Stan Koefed pops up all over the place.

I know what you mean about sitting behind a computer for 6 weeks and then paddling out and expecting to do any good.

I find that, in those situations, you haven't got the fitness to compete with the other guys wave-for-wave so I stick to the strategy of getting the BEST waves that come through. You only need two to win....... sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

hmmm, I think I'll check with Surfing Qld about entries to nationals and when and where the nationals will be - so will the Vic boys ben turning up? Has anyone discussed it yet?
One crowded hour of glorious life is worth an age without a name - so stay tubed!
red

Post by red »

The reason we entered the Masters was so that we could qualify for the Nationals at Bells in September (I think). I've heard that Vic could get a few more wildcards. With it at Bells we could hope for Phil Chadwick, Pete Fairweather, Tim 'Chemical' and some other greats of Aussie kneeboarding to come out of the woodwork.

Stan's ripping at the moment. He attacks the lip in mindblowing situations and makes it.

PS Tried the wait for 2 waves thing. Just waited in the wrong places. Only got 2 waves, but they were totally cr$p

Be good to see you fellas down this way.