Grom Gathering II June 17th- Trestles

Post your comments on current or past events, things we can improve on or just a summary of your views.

Moderator: Moderator

Tom Linn
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by Tom Linn »

Grom count-
10 Grommets 16 years old or younger
15 ROG's (real old grommets)
2 teenage mutant kneelo chicks

All groms are getting better and better. And the stoke is so cool.
Dave Lindsey
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by Dave Lindsey »

I think one of the greatest feelings at a kneeboard gathering is when a stand up takes off and looks out of place, instead of the other way around! 8) Hey Martin, how was that second go-out? Thanks to everyone for a very enjoyable time.
"Plugs"
randiego

Post by randiego »

hey all, greeting from *Atlanta*... I had a great time at Trestles too. Looking forward to the next gathering.

I'm looking at all the buoy info and just watching this swell build... and it's killing me!! Back in town thursday night and hopefully there will be leftovers!

Get out there and get some for me... I wanna hear about it!
DarcyM

good morning all

Post by DarcyM »

Great fun at the gathering. I've gone through my photos finally and posted them on the website at DMPHOTOSD.com
In the next day or two I'll pick out a couple of jems to post here. Meanwhile, check 'em out! A couple of the camera hogs get a folder of photos all to themselves (we know who you area). :lol:

Anyway, the gathering was pretty fun. The day started off gray and kind of bumpy. I scored the first parking spot by the northbound 5 on-ramp -- the gods of parking karma were with me. But it was hell and a half lugging 50 lbs of camera gear down that trail. Plus board and fins and towel! Next time, it'll be a wagon or bus for me!

Once at the beach a pleasant surprise was it wasn't that crowded! For a Saturday, we really scored at having a dedicated kneelo section. The groms were RIPPING! They keep getting better every time we see them. Martin and his crew had dragged down a bbq and cooler, Joe brought chips and killer guacamole. Hot dogs were cooked up and gobbled up by the groms who did three or four sessions in the water. The sun came out around noon. Fred, Eric Osland, and Barry Baker showed up later. I went out without a wetsuit and found the water pleasant (everyone was griping about the cold water -- wimps!) Actually, I didn't go out until the after the sun came out so that may have had something to do with it. I got a couple of nice set waves -- woo hoo!

More later ... work calling ...
dm
dm

"Push the button, Max!"
ShaunMurphy
Ripper (more than 100 posts)
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by ShaunMurphy »

Darcy - :lol: :P
- Had tones of fun, great seeing everyone again young and old
and few new people.
-
kneelingBROTHA

Post by kneelingBROTHA »

Sorry I missed it, no way to get down there! Sounds like stoke abounded! Looking forward to looking at the pics, Darcy!

Personally, I just damaged my leg skateboarding so I'll be out of commission on the kneeboard for a little while. My bone right below my kneecap has been a little bit numb for a little while due to a hit taken LAST summer at a skatepark (pad slipped, bone hit, area went numb immediately and never regained feeling), and I must of hit my leg funny because now the numbness on the surface of the skin has spread to other areas, and I seem to be missing a little clump of tissue underneath the skin in one area. Yikes!

So, its back to the sponge for now. Its a bummer in some ways but I just learned to spin and I'm actually progressing on my sponge now that I've lost a little bit of weight watching my diet while in recovery mode.

I'll see the doctor soon if I can get an appointment; I've given up jumping down stairs and whatnot and am strictly cruising with soft wheels now. Mark, you were so right! I've quit while I'm ahead!

See you all in the water...next time hopefully!

Stay stoked!

~ Marc
dropkneeing is a sin...isn't it?