HB/NB~~River Jetty's

Post your comments on current or past events, things we can improve on or just a summary of your views.

Moderator: Moderator

KAVA
Legend (Contribution King!)

HB/NB~~River Jetty's

Post by KAVA »

RJ's friday am? I have to work tonight so i will go out right after work around 730 am. I Have a buddy that will be taking watershots then also for those looking to get a pic of yourself slotted in the barrell. Just aim for the big brown tongan 8) with the waterproof digital camera

anyone else interested in going out?
"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air… "
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
6'1", dean cleary tri, 6'0 Flashpoint tri, 5'9 chuck dent (epoxy quad), 9' velzy (single fin triple stringer)
boards_and_fins
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by boards_and_fins »

I will be there, probaly on a fish. You going to park in the HB lot?
I was out there this AM and went from RJ's to Magnolia, walked back then RJ's to City Beach, which took like 30 min to walk back. 8) Fun though.
your mom goes to college
Beeline2.0

Post by Beeline2.0 »

Last edited by Beeline2.0 on Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KAVA

Post by KAVA »

actually after seeing the tide chart (peak high tide 8:08 am) i will likely go out later at 9th street
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
6'1", dean cleary tri, 6'0 Flashpoint tri, 5'9 chuck dent (epoxy quad), 9' velzy (single fin triple stringer)
Beeline2.0

Post by Beeline2.0 »

Last edited by Beeline2.0 on Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KAVA

Post by KAVA »

ok who was the kneelo at 38th in newport today? i was at 44th-48th and my tongan buddy was at 36th taking water shots. he told me there was a kneelo out ripping it up?Ill post the pics when they become available.

newport was the place to be today! some incredible double overhead+ sets rolled in my cousin (a kiwi standup) took the biggest of the 5 that came in. then this kid about 3 feet tall took the next one heh heh its was funny how much courage that kid had and how big his eyes must have gotten :shock: as the face doubled up and pitched him over the falls doing cartwheels. he was ok and paddled back out.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
boards_and_fins

Post by boards_and_fins »

I was down at RJ's early, the local pro crew was out, photogs on the beach and everything. Not great, pretty walled stayed out for an hour and a half. Then went out at 9th at around ten, a little better but still only so-so. Saw my first stand up paddleboarder though. :twisted: If only I had ont of those guns that shoots beanbags.
your mom goes to college
KAVA

Post by KAVA »

Saw my first stand up paddleboarder though. If only I had ont of those guns that shoots beanbags.
ROFL!

At the newport jetty's it was pretty clean. a couple walls now and then but mostly steep barrells with never ending drops :? There were a few camera's on the shore with lens's the size of a small planet heh heh. There was some girl out ripping it up at the 44th st jetty. She was really good. what really impressed me though was that there was virtually no current and a easy paddle out next to the shaded side of the jetty. Wonder how "The Wedge" was today?
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
MWROBERTSON

hb

Post by MWROBERTSON »

My Bro Danny and I surfed 50th St. Newport this a.m. Very similar to what you described. Had to find the corners or you would get dentonated by falling lips. We were skeptical, but went out anyway and had fun! :)
Jack Beresford

Post by Jack Beresford »

Greg and I caught up with SFKneelo at Uppers - a few fun ones but pretty crowded and plenty of lulls.

Looked a few other places and surfed again at the reefs - lots of swell but windblown. Beats working!

Heard it was good down the hill.

Jack
matt cunningham

today

Post by matt cunningham »

yes it was.....

But tell no one....

Sneaky Pig
KAVA

Post by KAVA »

ok Its "Name The Kneelo" Time heh heh! 8) Who is this out at 38th st. Newport on Friday? (photo: Vea)
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
KAVA

Post by KAVA »

by the way it wasnt very crowded in newport friday heh heh another reason i surf HB lol 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
-Ralph Waldo Emerson