Where are you surfing in the OC?

Post your comments on current or past events, things we can improve on or just a summary of your views.

Moderator: Moderator

MWROBERTSON
Legend (Contribution King!)

Where are you surfing in the OC?

Post by MWROBERTSON »

Dan and I scored a rare parking spot at Newport Point so we decided to just hit it instead of chasing walls all over the HB/Upper Newport area. Happy to say we were treated tp 3-8ft (faces)top to bottom glass at the point. Some real fun waves if you got the clean ones. :wink:
Last edited by MWROBERTSON on Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
MWROBERTSON

Re:Where are you surfing in the OC?

Post by MWROBERTSON »

MWROBERTSON wrote:Dan and I scored a rare parking spot at Newport Point so we decided to just hit it instead of chasing walls all over the HB/Upper Newport area. Happy to say we were treated tp 3-8ft (faces)top to bottom glass at the point. Some real fun waves if you got the clean ones. :wink:
southpeakbrad

Post by southpeakbrad »

Way to go Mark. Glad you guys scored! I have fond memories of the point :D Unfortunately knee to waist high down this way..
Beeline2.0

Post by Beeline2.0 »

Last edited by Beeline2.0 on Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ScottMac

Post by ScottMac »

Last edited by ScottMac on Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scott

Post by Scott »

I ventured up to Montara Beach, north of Half Moon Bay. It's a real swell magnet and it's downright scary if it ever gets over 6'. Lots of guys out in the beachbreak but no one touching this one dredging little sand bar that was spitting every third wave. Just right for a kneelo!

Turned out to be very fun, a few other guys joined me, but it was hard paddling staying right where the bar was, dead center in the riptide. I'll have to remember this place on south swells in the future.
K-man

Post by K-man »

Some of those spots get pretty good around montara,alway check them on my surf journies.almost headed there the other day.Turned out the swell took a spike,and I hung around.
Did 5+ hrs yesterday.Local reef.Barely breaking at the top,Tide switched,a few folks left,and it got fairly decent.
Lucky If I got a dozen good waves in all that time...but it wasn;t crowded :lol:,and the water's warm.

cheers
surfhorn

Post by surfhorn »

K-man - define 'warm'.
kbing since plywood days
K-man

Post by K-man »

:lol: Good question dan.Anything above 56 is warm[to me],and I do like wearing a lighter wetsuit...protection from these nasty reef rocks.
surfhorn

Post by surfhorn »

Do yourself a favor and hit the road for a surfari to SoCal. Due to family obligations, I've been down 5 x's during July & August and the water temp was boardering on scary warm!

Surfed a ton of spots and even hooked up with Kevin out of Chatsworth at Malibu for a fun 4-5 foot day of surf in spa-like water.

Not to be missed. Try the Newport Gathering. RJ's will stoke you.
Last edited by surfhorn on Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
kbing since plywood days
K-man

Post by K-man »

Sounds like fun :) But it also sounds pretty crowded...Anyways I'vr got a bucketfull of airline miles.So it'll probably be on kauai this fall or early winter.with a hop to mauai [north side]
Got a cheap place to stay,got some locals that made me their haoli :lol:

Plus times when I surfed with very few people for hrs in hh waves.Warm water is nice,to a point.Had achey knees after 24 days of surf...So the extra knee padding makes it more better. I live in a beautiful,fairly pristine place,of rare beauty.And when I come back,like being born again.

How's that for an earfull :?: :lol: besides my rusty beercan won't go any further south than moss.And then there's the nosebleeds,and I generally run out of butt wipe....so..... :lol: You understand :wink:
Beeline2.0

Post by Beeline2.0 »

Last edited by Beeline2.0 on Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ler

oc

Post by Ler »

BOLSA
gumby

Post by gumby »

Friday Trails at San-O. fun 2-3' few larger Met (North County Kneeboarder) breaking in a new board.
Saturday Doheny 3-5' zippy yardage.
Sunday back to trails 3-5+ allmost to peaky.
To do what I want to do
I have to do what have to do

Craig
surfhorn

Post by surfhorn »

K-man - The SoCal waves are not crowded at all! I get any set wave I want and have to be extra careful not to be a piggy.

But it is really nice of the hundreds of spectators who turn up, sit on their boards and watch me demonstrate the fine art of kneeboard riding. I have to carry a Sharpie in my trunks just to sign my autograph on all the standup boards.
kbing since plywood days