Firm date + location for HB / NB gathering ?

Post your comments on current or past events, things we can improve on or just a summary of your views.

Moderator: Moderator

Beeline2.0
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by Beeline2.0 »

Last edited by Beeline2.0 on Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
southpeakbrad

Post by southpeakbrad »

Thanks again to all who worked hard to make this Gathering another memorable event. Compared to the last 2 years the waves were a solid notch above in consistency, shape, speed, barrels, and the like. Great to make new friends and catch up with old ones. Feeling stoked with what we all share as kneelos and looking forward to giving up *some* set waves to those who come visit.
By the way, we lost 3-1..
barry

garhering

Post by barry »

I had lots of fun at the gathering,
Thanks to all who could make it :D
Its always a nice to get together and enjoy a day
with the Kneelos and their families.
There is a sense of community that I think we can all feel when we get to
gather together with one another.
So with our common bond of kneeriding we can express our ideas and experiences that help to strengthen the entire community as a whole.
It is my hope that we can all continue to grow as individuals so that
the Art of Kneeriding can be expressed in a creative and positive way :idea:

A BIG THANKS and MAHALO to ALL.
As long as we all continue to contribute this organisation can benefit us all :!:

P.S. it was really Great to see the Groms and the Gals out there ripping it up and having soooo much fun :D :D
You kids really made the day that much better
Barry
walt davidson
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by walt davidson »

THANKS to Mark & the Huntington Crew for hosting the gathering - great to
see everyone coming together - fun waves and beautiful weather. First time
surfing there at the River Jetties. As Barry said, all the kids were doing great!
THANKS to EVERYONE that supplied the food - Mr Robertson cooked
me the perfect hotdog. Had to leave before the serious grilling
took place.
Missed seeing our Ler - thought he'd be ripping it up :cry:
And I thought Mike Garratt might come down from the hills :cry:
& I was hoping "flexspoon" would bring a flexspoon to try.

Thanks to "southpeakbrad" for the ride up.

I guess Jack's wife wouldn't let him have the day off :twisted:

Best, Walt 8)
DarcyM

Post by DarcyM »

Thanks to all and esp Mark R for putting it on and unsung cooks like Greg Shewman and ? ... anyway, there was tons of food, plenty for all (even Barry who had 10 tacos ... or was it 15?).

Great surfing, hope the guys who stayed for evening glass off got some -- I was burnt and had long drive home. It was beautiful in the morning and I had to take pics so I missed the best of it. Good pics tho - posted now on my website and I'll pick a few to post here later.

http://www.DMPHOTOSD.com

Nice to meet kneeboard shaper Dean Cleary at last!

The boards were well represented, lots of different shapes and ideas, the kids were stoked. The Blasts were sold!

thanks again to all our OC kneelo bros who put his on -
dm
dm

"Push the button, Max!"
KAVA

Post by KAVA »

odd my post got deleted? guess too many pics ( http://inthewatercam.com/Gallery/9-23-2006 )
ok so i had a great time again! good to see so many kids kneeriding. There were many highlights for me:
*Got to meet many of the local HB crew that i hadnt ran into all year.
*I only got 1 shot on my wristcam while in the water :cry: that was barry in a left tube, then a smack off the lip that rained down on the lineup.
*Dean Cleary is da man! the only local kneelo shaper (of more than 5 boards :wink: ) that showed up. be kewl to see some of those movies?
* I heard lots of stories about the old days, yesterday, and surfing different breaks around the world. Not sure if a week will be long enough for the worlds with all the stories?
* There was very little negativity, The whole event was pro+positive

Last edited by KAVA on Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air… "
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
6'1", dean cleary tri, 6'0 Flashpoint tri, 5'9 chuck dent (epoxy quad), 9' velzy (single fin triple stringer)
gumby

Post by gumby »

Who was that guv in the barrel :?: EVERYONE :!: I hate crowds but I would do that every day. So cool to meet everyone in and out of the water. Thanks Craig and Mark letting me test ride boards. Woke up to sore to surf :cry: As a test pilot I suck. Crashed hard into the bottom a few times Looking forward to wireing my new board. Thanks agin Bud 8) Oh yeah good call on day and time Mark :wink: Look forward to the next gathering.
To do what I want to do
I have to do what have to do

Craig
randiego

Post by randiego »

Many thanks to Mark and crew for hosting a great event.
Just sent $25 your way!
MWROBERTSON

HB/Newport gathering

Post by MWROBERTSON »

Everyone,

Thanks again for attending the gathering. I think it was one of the coolest ever. The Groms were going off! I saw Sebastain and Chis get tubed. The waves were real fun, 2-4ft+ off shore and tubing! A lot of new faces, many boards and designs were shared and there was tons of food and drink.

Most people got in two to three sessions that day and rode multiple boards.

Kava thanks for the clothing donations for the girls and kids. Fred and Big Tony killer carne asada and chicken. Jim Richardson tables and chairs. Shewman hot dogs and tri-tip. Wayne drinks, Criag drinks. Ler/Backer the Hurley shade tent. Big Tony the Volcum shade tent. I know I left somebodyout. Everyone was so generous!

Thanks to Bud too. We sold almost alll the boards and raised close to $700.00 for the club. We also sold close to $100.00 in hats. This all goes back to the club to help us keep running strong.

Most of us didn't leave to almost dark. A great event!

See ya all next year. 8)
twinfinfish

Post by twinfinfish »

Great time had .... Thanks to ALL involved and Darcy for taking photos.
It was so much fun to see a lot of bros in the water. these gatherings are great and all should try to make them if possible.

Thanks to everyone for a great time, Paul Doyle :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
PaulN
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by PaulN »

We need a group photo with names so I can figure out who was who. Had a fun time, and wish I could have stayed longer.
Paul
SCRUB IT KOOK!!!
mutiny

Post by mutiny »

Another wonderful gathering full of a sense of purpose and belonging, I'm stoked to be part of this orginization and to have made so many friends, My son tiernan and his friends had a great day footboarding, which they do most of the time, AND kneeriding ..these gatherings are great in bringing together a crew of kneeriders and different boards that the kids can see in action, and obviously our hopes are that they might emulate our chosen watercraft one day,
My son likes the way Barry rips kneeriding AND standup surfing
my son has an open mind and I believe the gatherings nurture that
anyway glad everyone there had a great time I know we did 8)
see you up in santa cruz Walt!
WayneK

Post by WayneK »

A good time had by all :D So cool to see the groms kneeriding, the new faces, the latest board designs and surfing with your friends. Thanks brothers Robertson, Darcy, Greg Shewie, Fred R, and everyone who contributed and showed up 8) Thanks Mother Nature for smiling on us with great weather and fun surf. A little thankyou to the other wave riders who surfed with us (ie the locals). I thought eveyone got along pretty well considering the numbers of kneelos in the water. Like flies on $#%t! :lol:
MIK911

Post by MIK911 »

Glad you all had a good time. Too bad i missed it....maybe next yr
2 questions:
Does the river jetty always have such good form? NICE.
How did the regulars at this break (stand up surfers/bodyboarders) react when 30+ kneeboarders descended on this spot?

mike
KAVA

Post by KAVA »

1- surfline's surfreport said that the surf was going to be poor at best (that halped keep the crowds down)

2- while paddling out a guy asked me "is this the kneeboarding BBQ?" i said yeah. he said "yeah i thought it was that time of year" so no the local standups seemed to be ok with it
"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air… "
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
6'1", dean cleary tri, 6'0 Flashpoint tri, 5'9 chuck dent (epoxy quad), 9' velzy (single fin triple stringer)