THANK YOU MARK ROBERTSON

Post your comments on current or past events, things we can improve on or just a summary of your views.

Moderator: Moderator

Iñigo
Local (More than 25 post)

THANK YOU MARK ROBERTSON

Post by Iñigo »

Hello everybody. First my apologize becouse I have not a good English but I will try to do my best. I live in Zarautz, North of Spain in the Basque Country. I started surfing with 10 years old but with 21 I had an accident broking parcially my spine and totally my ankle. When I pass over my injuries I realise that I coul not stand on a surfboard and then is when I disovered kneeboard. Now I am 36 years old and I am the only person who practises kneeboarding in Zarautz. There is another person in Mundaka, but it is very rare to see more kneeboarders.
Yesterday I was surfing waves of one metre in Zarautz when Mark introduce himself. In the beggining I did not realise that he had kneeboard too. When we were out Mark gave me his kneeboard. I was in a hurry ( I have two little dauhters) and I could not thank him properly. He informed me about this web page. it is really a good web and I like it very much. In Zarautz we have another one dedicated principally to surf www.alaplay.com and another one of our surf club www.zarauzkosurfelkartea.com If you want visit them.
I want to thank Mark again, and now I am going to investigate something about kneeboard's shape.

we will be in touch
Iñigo

The web is www.alaplaya.com

Post by Iñigo »

Sorry, but I have lost one letter in the web page, the correct address is: www.alaplaya.com
surfhorn
Legend (Contribution King!)

Post by surfhorn »

Welcome, Inigo! Its is good to see another international kneeboarder on our site.

If you want to know about kneeboard shapes, this is the spot. But be careful what you ask for - there are a lot of very knowledgable KBers here with a lot of great ideas!

Good Luck!
kbing since plywood days
MWROBERTSON

Zarautz

Post by MWROBERTSON »

Hola Amigo,

It's Mark! I'm in Madrid at the moment and heading back to the USA tomorrow. It was a pleasure meeting you! Mucho Gusto! I hope you like the board. It was shaped by Dean Cleary. He is an excellent shaper/rider from Huntington Beach, CA.

I will keep in touch with you. The guys back home won't belive that I managed to run into one of the only kneeboarders in Spain.

Buneos Dias,

Mark
Iñigo

GOOD COME BACK TO USA MARK

Post by Iñigo »

Hello Mark,

As you can see I have established contact with the web and not only that I have contacted with an English kner and we will try to work in favour of kneeboarding in Europe. Good luck in the 6th of November, I have seen you are taken part in the contest.
The board is very fast and a little crazy.. I think that the fins are small becouse twice or three times I have slide in the wall of the wave. The solution is to place my knees in the botton of the table. But it is only two times I have tried it. I like it. Thank you again.
We will be in touch

IÑIGO