WORLD EVENT PRACTISE

Post your comments on current or past events, things we can improve on or just a summary of your views.

Moderator: Moderator

Big Fred
Local (More than 25 post)
Local (More than 25 post)

Post by Big Fred »

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!
were you looking at "tje pier" or were you just scared. :wink: :wink:
Last edited by Big Fred on Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ler
Legend (Contribution King!)

NICE

Post by Ler »

OK. It was killer 4 kneelo's Saturday and 7 kneelo's Sunday. Fun surf. This old timer came up to me on the beach, put his hand on my shoulder and stared at me for 5 seconds (very blank stare, seemed forever) He said are there always so many kneeboarderds here. I never seen so many kneelos. He is from the south bay and was tripping. It was cool. Next lets do the same, depending on swell where. Its fun to freak out a spot.

Hey OC people, Jack and crew down south has been very quiet, don't think they are not during something similar. Santa Cruz is coming up very soon. Lets have a strong OC SHOWING AND HAVE FUN.

Ler
Jack Beresford

ler

Post by Jack Beresford »

You OC guys just keep practicing. We'll be ready.
Ler

#

Post by Ler »

See I told you. Jack is ready to pounce get you're game face on. Hey Jack maybe we can have a face off in neutral ground in a couple weeks. Maybe O-SIDE. .

mikey
randiego

Post by randiego »

Fred and company - I was at Oside on sat morning too. I looked at Cassidy St./Buccaneer and my lyin' eyes told me it didn't look very good. HH and closing out down the beach.

I paddled out anyway and sure enough it was nothing but hollow HH closeouts. I wish I had seen you guys down there at the pier!

PS - Blacks was good this morning, HH-OH and lined up. Backing off with the tide but lots of waves to be had.
Craig
Ripper (more than 100 posts)
Ripper (more than 100 posts)

Post by Craig »

Jeff O and I did a road trip Sunday up to Seccos or Leo Carrio, 150 yard rights, 6' to 10' on the sets. 5.5 hour session 8)
Looked felt alot like Steamers :wink:

StIll a gRoM :!:
Jack Beresford

pounce

Post by Jack Beresford »

Ler - I think we'd be game for a mini comp at some "neutral" spot. Let's pick a date and then the smack-talk can commence!

Jack
Ler

perfect

Post by Ler »

Killer. OK How about a somewhat uncrowded beach in O-SIDE. some beach we can clear some locals out, maybe pink houses. Run a mini contest or some heats. OC vs. SD. In the big picture getting ready to go against the world, go USA. I can only do Sundays right now. I can get a 6 pack of OC kneelo's and get a 6 pack of SD kneelo's. We take turn judging and surfing heats. Any suggestions?

What weekend? Sooner the better, maybe we can do more than one before the big event.

Ler.

By the way Tom Backer is foaming at the mouth, chewing on a doll of that San Diego baseball chicken dude, you guys ALWAYS talking about. You know the one on the dug outs. Finger licking good, said Backer.
Jack Beresford

Ler

Post by Jack Beresford »

Ler - how about Sunday Nov. 12 We could meet at south jetty in O-side at 7 a.m. and go from there. Maybe wander towards those condos. I think my brother's in town, I check on Greg and Wino and I heard the San Diego Chicken wants to go man-on-bird with Backer.

Jack

Note: I originally proposed 11/5 but that I gotta flip pancakes that morning at my daughter's elementary school. Plus the tide's a bitch that morning too.[/i]
Jack Beresford
Ler

ok

Post by Ler »

Jack - sounds perfect. The OC Team will be there on 11/12/06. Keep are fingers crossed for surf. We have named our OC Team. We will revel it at the gather / comp. We are paddleing out everyday weither it's 1 foot or 4 foot. We will be ready!

Hey Tom Backer any luck finding that life size chicken suit on E-Bay yet?

mike
Beeline2.0

Re: ok

Post by Beeline2.0 »

Last edited by Beeline2.0 on Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ler

perfect

Post by Ler »

Hey Bee,
Come join us next weekend. It will be fun, plus I need someone new to tell all my lies to. Tom and Wayne have heard them all twice.

Ler
KAVA

Post by KAVA »

"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air… "
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
6'1", dean cleary tri, 6'0 Flashpoint tri, 5'9 chuck dent (epoxy quad), 9' velzy (single fin triple stringer)
Jack Beresford

Ler

Post by Jack Beresford »

OK - we're on for Sunday, Nov. 12.

I'll start putting the word out and assembling the boys. Team OC will need all the practice it can get.

Jack
mutiny

Post by mutiny »

word is that scientists speculate that chickens are a distant relative of the mighty T- REx
bang a gong get it on
cluck cluk :roll: